Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month
Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month
I started using my machine nightly near the end of October after a period of wearing it during the day to get used to the mask. I was delighted because I adjusted very quickly and I started feeling better within a week. I have chronic fatigue and a lot of daytime sleepiness and I'd say the daytime sleepiness went away entirely and the fatigue was reduced by a good 40% in a week. I was hopeful that I would get my life back. Then around November 20th I started feeling tired and sleepy more and more often. When I got my new supplies on December 4th I replaced the cushion and had three nights of what I assume was good sleep because I felt better again but after that it was back to feeling like I wasn't using machine at all. I actually feel even worse now than I did before I started. I'm super new to all this and just learning how to use SleepHQ and hopefully OSCAR soon so I was hoping for some advice or leads about where to start looking first to figure out what is going on. I attached last night's SleepHQ report if that helps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month
Personally, I am not comfortable giving suggestions with SleepHQ. Once you can post OSCAR charts it will be much easier for us to offer advise.

Please read the link in my signature on “Organise your OSCAR Charts”.
Post Reply Post Reply
Am i correct in thinking these are arousals?
My I'm pretty new to the world of OSCAR but, from what i have learned these don't look like actual events. Obviously the one that isn't flagged is not but i included it as an example of what looks like an arousal to me. I'm having anywhere from 15-20 of these a night and i feel like crap

Post Reply Post Reply
LordofthStrings - Your 2 threads have been merged, since they both deal with your therapy. I can rename it if you wish so it will be more inclusive. Please use this thread to post further information or questions concerning your therapy. This allows a reader easy access to your history.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh ok thank you. This is my first time posting on a forum that isn't reddit so I didn't know how it worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have posted only short periods of your Oscar report.  It's more important that we see the full night to be able to help you.  Also, leave off the calendar.  We will be able to see more of what is listed on the left that way.  
Also,  Welcome
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Here are screenshots of a day where i felt great the next morning (lower AHI screenshot) and when i started feeling like crap again (higher AHI screenshot)

Post Reply Post Reply
I've had some luck feeling better by adjusting my pressure lower but I'm not sure what these "events" are. I know if there's a big spike in the flow rate before it usually isn't a true apnea but I'm unsure what it means when there's just a slight change like this. I'm getting closer to feeling like I'm getting a good night's rest but I would like to know what these mean before adjusting my pressure further 

https://imgur.com/a/MUKAmYC
Post Reply Post Reply
Your EPAP is too low.  You are having positional OAs and I guessing that your old pressure overcame them.  Also, in the "S" mode, the VAuto doesn't report Flow Limitations.  The workaround is to set it in Auto, with the EPAP minimum a 4, IPAP maximum at 8, and a PS st to 4.  Using those settings, the pressure can't go anywhere.  

To aid in displaying your charts, please read the steps below.  I hope they help.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view, your graphs are in the default order, and all graphs are of the same size.
     If not:
    • To reset the Default Graph Order:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
      (Note: Only the Events graph should be pinned.)

• To reset Graph Heights:  Go to (View > Reset Graphs Heights)
  2. Resize the Daily screen's left panel's width, so each channel parameter only uses one line and does not wrap the data.  This allows more information to be displayed.

3. Make sure you are at the top of the Daily screen and have not scrolled down.  Also, make sure you are displaying the complete day's data, and not zoomed in to any specific time range. (Take a guess as to why we mention all this. . .)

4. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: While holding down the Fn key, press the F12 key.
  5.  Follow the steps here to post an image: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments

One more item.  A screenshot, using a 3-minute zoom on an area that does not have any events, would be helpful so we can see your normal flow rate waveform would be helpful.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had wondered why my flow limitations just disappeared so I'll make sure to make the changes you mentioned. Here's the screenshot you asked for as well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caution - If you have a back up machine Nightynite 11 214 Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  One month in - narrowing pressure range? nwilson 1 135 09-24-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 121 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 5 874 09-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  Epilepsy drug could reduce sleep apnoea symptoms? terumi 0 154 09-10-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: terumi
  [CPAP] Trouble with central apneas and weird symptoms Kevin Scholz 12 630 08-24-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,200 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.