Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month
RE: Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month
Your wave form looks good. This means your PS pressure seems to be fine. May I suggest that you set your Flow Rate to dynamic scaling. To perform this, place your mouse pointer on the scale numbers on the left side and double-click. A hint should appear when your pointer is on the numbers, describing this action. Of course, you can right-click and select one of the Y-Axis scaling modes too.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok good so I just need to dial in my pressure to get those positional apneas under control and probably try to stay off my back as much as possible then right? I made the scaling changes you suggested as well and I definitely appreciate the tip Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
No pressure can help positional apne. The only way to help positional apnea is to stop chin tucking NOT GETTING INTO THAT POSITION. Usually people need a collar to keep their chin up.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Things were going well for a few weeks but I've run into some trouble and I'm hoping you guys can provide some insight. I started slowly increasing my pressure every night by .2  and staying off my back as much as possible and I was seeing a lot of improvement. I was consistently able to get my AHI around 1.5 and I could really feel the difference. Not quite to the point where I felt normal like when I first started PAP therapy, I usually ran out of steam by late afternoon/early evening, but I could function normally until then. A lot of my good nights when I first started were around 1.0 or below so I figured just keep going with increasing my pressure but over the past 4 nights it seems to have made it worse. Thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently, I had a PAP therapy analysis with CPAPfriend and made significant progress. Upon inspecting my flow rate, he noticed irregular breathing patterns, shallow inhalations compared to exhalations, and long periods of waxing and waning breathing. Additionally, my SpO2 and pulse rate were highly variable. We theorized that I am likely experiencing numerous arousals throughout the night.

He reviewed various setting changes I've tried over the past five months and ultimately recommended discussing ASV therapy with my doctor. In the meantime, he suggested adjusting my trigger sensitivity and TiMax settings. First, I tried the high trigger sensitivity, which improved the situation, and then the very high setting, resulting in about a 50-75% improvement, depending on the day. My breathing has become more regular, except for the waxing and waning periods. However, my I:E ratio is still quite low, less than 0.5. Increasing TiMax did not seem to help significantly.

I have an appointment with a new doctor in July who seems promising, but I wanted to get your thoughts based on my charts. I've included a full-night screenshot, a zoomed-in view showing the waxing and waning pattern lasting over an hour, and a detailed view of this pattern. I've also summarized all the changes I've tried and their effects.

Here's what I tried in the past:

I tried tightening the range to 4-13 to see if higher pressures were the issue. No effect.

I tried raising just the EPAP to eliminate obstructive apneas. No effect 

I tried ResMed 's BiPAP titration protocol. No effect 

I tried switching to CPAP mode at 6.2 and for two days I felt that fantastic well rested sharp minded feeling in the morning. My hypopnoeas and flow limitations were rough compared to BiPAP though.

When 6.2 stopped feeling good I started ResMed's CPAP titration protocol to see if I could get rid of the hypopnoeas and flow limitations and improve my sleep. I couldn't get them eliminated and at a pressure of 11 I started feeling worse so I stopped

Next I tried a wedge pillow to keep me off my back and it did it's job well but no improvement. 

I also tried lowering the PS on BiPAP just to see what would happen but it had no effect.

Lastly I tried a soft cervical collar for a week using the settings from my best nights to see if any combination of pressure and the collar would help. No improvement. If anything it made things worse so I stopped using it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caution - If you have a back up machine Nightynite 11 215 Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  One month in - narrowing pressure range? nwilson 1 135 09-24-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 121 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 5 874 09-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  Epilepsy drug could reduce sleep apnoea symptoms? terumi 0 154 09-10-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: terumi
  [CPAP] Trouble with central apneas and weird symptoms Kevin Scholz 12 630 08-24-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,201 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.