Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] 5 years no relief, would appreciate thoughts
Question 
5 years no relief, would appreciate thoughts
Hello.  CPAP seems to be handling my Apnea fine.  Tested at 70/hr, get ~1.5/hr from the Airsense 10.  I've had a string of really bad sleep docs.  2023 Sleep Test they did a Bi-Pap one when I don't have a Bi-pap and they didn't give me one.  Latest shows my pressure is great but I have ~20/hr spontaneous events, ~15/hr respiratory events, 10% REM, 0% Delta.  I am maximum brain fog, zero memory, zero motivations/energy, zero emotions or big emotional disregulation.

Did a new sleep test showing those numbers and sleep doc just kept saying the CPAP would handle anything that was wrong and there is nothing to do.  New sleep doc scheduled a night/day sleep test to rule out Insomnia/Hypersomnia but I doubt it's those as I have zero of the side effects I read about from them.  That isn't until January.

Seeing a ENT Doc about UARS which seems like it really fits my symptoms, but he can't see me until February.  I bet it's that, really want to get knocked out and an endoscope put down there to see if it's closing up.

I got great sleep when an MRI saw a bulging C5/C6 disc and I got a cortisone shot in my spine but it only lasted 10 days.  Ended up getting a spacer put in to solve that, thinking this was all pinched nerve stuff, and I slept amazing for 22 days, but then it went back to normal.  Trying to get another cortisone shot just because I need some relief and it helps confirm it's all a physical problem, but I doubt it's a permanent fix.  Maybe the neck/spine stuff made the UARS better for a few weeks?  That convinced me that I have a physical problem that I need to fix.

Also doing some PT to stretch the neck/shoulders.  I have a ton of anxiety, it makes my shoulders super tight, my arms tend to go numb/asleep when I lay in bed so for a while I thought it was pinched nerves or posture issues.  I used to wake up 6AMish with my left arm so asleep that I couldn't get back to sleep.  That is slightly better lately.

I also had a few times when my anxiety diminished through vacations or psychedelics where my body felt tons more relaxed and my sleep was better for 2 weeks, but then things went back to normal, so spent a while thinking this was not a physical problem but all in my head.

I had my testosterone tested and it was real low, like 308, but got on replacement for 9 months and no change.  Had a bunch of thyroid tests and some stuff is low, but not off the range.  Ferritin showed low at 30 but not enough to do anything.  Tried iron supplements for a while with no change.  Everything is almost at one extreme end of the healthy range but inside it so no one wants to try anything.

Still a bit overweight at 218 5'9" but losing a lot with zero change.

I didn't start having any leaks until lately, they turned my pressure up to 15.  I just started taping my mouth last night, but my events are still really low.

Would love some thoughts, if I'm looking at all the right stuff.  I think UARS is the next big thing to check, literally haven't even heard about it until two weeks ago.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 214 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 21 1,389 10-07-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: ac123
Smile [Treatment] [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? sowo123 14 486 10-06-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: sowo123
  [CPAP] 3rd Attempt in 5 years to use cpap dandevcol 3 269 09-27-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: dandevcol
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 10 624 09-18-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] CPAP and Overactive Bladder relief dandy48 6 284 09-16-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Waking times - what are your thoughts? Blubarb 2 286 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.