Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI looks okay, still feeling exhausted throughout the day
RE: AHI looks okay, still feeling exhausted throughout the day
I didn't advise to raise your pressure. Higher pressures don't usually clear up "Positional Apnea".

Yes, there is a sort of rule to follow that if you're using EPR 3, then pressure should be raised accordingly.
But it probably won't help until you fix the chin tucking.

But if you want to try it....

Apparently your collar doesn't fit properly if it lets you chin tuck.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2024, 08:14 PM)Ragoo32 Wrote: Hello OpalRose, thank you for the suggestions. I will raise my pressure to 13cm tonight. Should I still keep my EPR set to 3 still? I’ve been sleeping with a soft cervical collar and I do catch myself lying on my back. My chin still likes to tuck in apparently lol.

That was me Ragoo32 that suggested a bit higher pressure, you're not just having positional apnea events, you have events throughout the whole night, the higher pressure will help but the chin tucking must also be remedied Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Apologies I’ll still bring my pressure up to 13 and work on getting my soft cervical collar in a good position so my chin doesn’t close my airway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, just wanted to send another update from last night. pressure set at 13cm and EPR 3 helped greatly. FL looks like its cut in half but still could do better. I also got my soft cervical collar in a better position, minimal chin tucking! Anymore advice would be much appreciated ??

Post Reply Post Reply
It does look a bit better, but still a good amount if positional apnea, so just keep working on that chin tucking.  
F.L. Is down, but as long as we see the "clumping"  of apneas,  FL will hang on.

More important is how you feel.  Are you sleeping well, or do you wake frequently?

I'd like to see less Obstructives.  If you're up to it... try EPR 2 instead of 3.  This would keep your EPAP at 11 instead if 10.
It's the EPAP that sprints the airway open and keeps OB down, without raising pressure.  Try this first.... if it doesn't help, then we can raise IPAP, but slowly, like .4 at a time and gauge the overall results.

Don't make both changes, only one at a time.  So start with EPR 2 for a couple nights, then repost another chart.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2024, 03:23 PM)OpalRose Wrote: It does look a bit better, but still a good amount if positional apnea, so just keep working on that chin tucking.  
F.L. Is down, but as long as we see the "clumping"  of apneas,  FL will hang on.

More important is how you feel.  Are you sleeping well, or do you wake frequently?

I'd like to see less Obstructives.  If you're up to it... try EPR 2 instead of 3.  This would keep your EPAP at 11 instead if 10.
It's the EPAP that sprints the airway open and keeps OB down, without raising pressure.  Try this first.... if it doesn't help, then we can raise IPAP, but slowly, like .4 at a time and gauge the overall results.

Don't make both changes, only one at a time.  So start with EPR 2 for a couple nights, then repost another chart.

Hello, I still notice myself waking up periodically. I will drop my EPR down to 2 for a couple of nights and repost another chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Hello, I just wanted to send an update after a couple of nights. Pressure set at 13cm EPR 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Hello just wanted to check in and do a quick update. Pressure is still in the 13cm range (bumped it up to 13.4-13.6 a couple nights ago). EPR is still at 2. I'm still wearing the soft cervical collar and using a body pillow to stay on my side. Feeling like garbage throughout the day. RERA's
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling terrible ctenanthe 7 144 08-01-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Used CPAP for months and still not feeling better jarrod1893 5 133 07-30-2024, 06:35 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Waking up feeling jittery with ASV Soleil211 14 382 07-08-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AHI looks good, but still feeling bad nh00 35 2,003 07-07-2024, 09:47 PM
Last Post: barney999
  Two years into xPAP, still not feeling well. RickRock 5 389 06-25-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: RickRock
  Feeling terrible help with treatment ttrani01 2 228 06-05-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ttrani01
  Low API But lots of arousals? Still Exhausted, OSCAR Help JadeThreads 5 398 05-24-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.