Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s
RE: AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s
What sort of jaw surgery are you contemplating and how did you come to that thought?

Did you manage to sleep with the F20? That's the tradeoff. Unfortunately, FFMs are pretty uncomfortable, but the body can get used to anything. Acclimating may just take some time.

How tall are you? We can figure out what a normal range is for your tidal volume.

Where are we with everything right now? What pressure, mask, settings, etc are you currently on? What's next to try?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s
(08-29-2023, 12:36 AM)jwest Wrote: What sort of jaw surgery are you contemplating and how did you come to that thought?

Did you manage to sleep with the F20? That's the tradeoff. Unfortunately, FFMs are pretty uncomfortable, but the body can get used to anything. Acclimating may just take some time.

How tall are you? We can figure out what a normal range is for your tidal volume.

Where are we with everything right now? What pressure, mask, settings, etc are you currently on? What's next to try?

I haven't seen your reply. I made a new post here: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...eels-awful (if a moderator thinks it's adequate, they can be merged together)

My surgeon said that what I need is bimaxillary advancement, but we are in the planning process still.

I failed to fall asleep with the F20, and I already feel extremely uncomfortable with the cervical collar. There are nights I can't fall asleep with it. Again, there are financial problems in the middle, the insurance can't lend me the mask for more than a day, and I don't have the money to spend on a new mask that I don't know I'll be able to use.

I'm 1,78 m (5.84 ft, I guess).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New user struggling to wake up refreshed THEVGE 15 1,344 10-15-2024, 04:34 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Struggling to Lower AHI Below 5 terumi 42 1,513 10-14-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Lower jaw or upper jaw? Breathworker 1 182 10-14-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Breathworker
  air sounds like its struggling Jstalez 0 125 10-11-2024, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Jstalez
  How do I lower flow limits on my ASV? apneavolt 5 194 09-29-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Needed: Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Due to Anxiety and Mask Removal Sarin 4 214 09-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [CPAP] Seeking Advice for Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Sarin 2 350 09-26-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sarin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.