Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Advice on pressure and conquering RERAs/CAs
RE: Advice on pressure and conquering RERAs/CAs
one more thing that would be helpful is if you minimize the calendar info. click the up arrow next to the day (MON in the latest screen shot) in the date window.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limit is still high. Take your time fixing the leaks and increasing the maximum pressure. Your minimum pressure also needs to be increased to around 10-11 cm whenever it is comfortable for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I would post a little update. I have really struggled with leaks as I have tried to increase pressure and decrease EPR. I think I might be quite an active sleeper and the P10 might not be the best mask for that. I sometimes find myself on my back (where I start sleeping) and wake up on either of my sides. I am looking into the Phillips Respironics DreamWear, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

What I have done is gotten a much slimmer pillow and paired that with a soft cervical collar. It's too early to concretely say (I just got the SCC the other day), but I am optimistic this is going to help with my chintucking. 

I am also experiencing the balancing act where increasing pressure helps with RERAs and OAs, but causes a rise in CAs. Curious if anyone sees something I am missing or if anyone has any additional ideas/thoughts?

The most recent image from 10/23 is my second night with the SCC

Thanks

REMChaser

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that you should increase both the minimum and maximum pressure limits. You should try 11/14 cm. Keep EPR on 1 to combat the extremely high flow limit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the feedback. I am going to give the 11/14 settings a whirl tonight. Fingers crossed.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like your leak rate could be a real issue. A lot of your events coincide with major leak.

I used to have apnea clusters and when I started using a soft cervical collar to keep my chin up it eliminated all the clusters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the comment! That was something I was curious about as well that I think was reinforced last night when I tried to bump min to 11 and max to 14... the mind was willing but the body was weak! Just couldn't handle the pressure. 

I am going to bump it back down to 10.2 min and 11.8 max with an EPR of 2 where it felt more comfortable and manageable. I just need to be patient and leave it there for a bit and let the data speak for itself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just looking for some advice bambam1096 3 39 1 hour ago
Last Post: PollCat
Smile Looking for some advice NeilFromTheRiver 4 153 10-25-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: NeilFromTheRiver
  Are these snoring and reras events noteworthy? Phaleronic 3 174 10-19-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Advice on setting pressure limits esperanca 10 713 10-04-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Are these RERAs? TwoSigma 0 160 09-30-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: TwoSigma
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 342 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  How accurate is the AirSense 10/11 in detecting RERAs? PurpleOx 4 2,325 09-25-2024, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.