Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Can Someone Look over my sleep study results
RE: Can Someone Look over my sleep study results
Fireman, good job on the chart.  If you click on the triangle by the date, it will minimize the monthly calendar and show more important information in that left column.  You can also make that data column just a bit wider and eliminate the word wrap.  Otherwise perfect, and excellent job of working with the Y-axis line and adding a zero line on flow.

On January 8, With pressure at 10.6 and EPR 3, your Elite CPAP is doing a very good job of eliminating all obstructive events.  There are a few CA events, and if that bothers you, we can probably lower pressure a bit and maybe move to EPR 2.  You have a long (45 minute) ramp that we would rather see changed to Auto or Off to minimize ramp time. Flow limits, leaks and snores are not a problem here and the ventilation and respiration all look normal.  The main issues are that therapy time is short, under 3-hours and we may want to zoom in on the respiration flow-rate to get a closer view of why flow is uneven after 06:10, and biased to the exhale side (below zero line).  If you want to do a zoomed shot, just screenshot a segment that is 3 to 4 minutes in view so that the flow rate wave is clearly visible.

January 9, with pressure 7.6 and EPR 3, had a lot of large leaks for a long time, but close to 4-hours of therapy time.  AHI is again low, and similar to January 8, a lot of artifacts in the flow rate chart.

January 10 with pressure 8.0 and EPR 3, the flow rate looks much smoother. Therapy time is approaching 6-hours, and leaks are back under control. AHI is good with more obstructive events, so it appears that CA seen on Jan 8 has mostly resolved.

Looking at these three charts, I think we are seeing good adaptation to CPAP and your self-titration changing pressures has shown us your obstructive events are controlled throughout this range, so  I think anywhere from 7.6 to 10.6 is appropriate, provided leaks remain controlled. Your efforts should focus on comfort and continuing to increase sleep-time in therapy.

[Image: 2nZ7Sdb.png]

[Image: BtaF5EZ.png]

[Image: IJyA931.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, i will set ramp time to auto. I heard that if you zoom into the flow rate (5 second intervals), its possible to make some observations on the shape of the graph, like flatten ed top etc etc, like the graphs i scrolled thru in my video
Post Reply Post Reply
The best resolution for viewing the flow rate is right at 3-minutes. At 5-seconds, you would only see one breath at a time, and I like to see longer sequences. You can still move through like a video, but you get a bit bigger picture.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alarming results on oscar Lucy84 13 554 10-01-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 529 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Help with Sleep Study Results cjk422 8 299 09-25-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: cjk422
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 433 09-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 170 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  help with sleep study deciding on a new machine georgesadam 8 259 09-14-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: williamwu1107
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 262 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.