Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Gamestar32 ASV Treatment Thread
RE: Gamestar32 ASV Treatment Thread
Let's get one representative of OSCAR. It's helpful in order to know therapy, as it is as a reminder of settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Dave said, another OSCAR would be more data to look at for us.  

From my experience using ASV (and looking at the three charts that you posted in a post above, you have 2 options with your ASV at this point).  1.  You can try lowering your pressures, but see if that negatively affects your therapy.  2.  You may have some some positional apnea that is increasing your pressure a little bit.   
After you post the next chart we can try to confirm this or offer other suggestions (and possibly better tweaks to your pressure(s).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy that. Oscar charts attached. Last night I had an unusual amount of leaks. I'm going to redo all of my straps for my F40 tonight. I've looked into the positional apnea page a bit today and am going to buy a soft cervical collar to see if it helps at all, although I'm I'd have to defer to you all on whether or not my data suggests I'll need it. 

Each time I woke up I turned off the machine for a moment either to have some water or use the bathroom. I find it's an effective way to mark when I've woken up. In some cases, I may have woken up a minute or 2 before I turned off the machine. A bit hard to remember exactly as I was quite tired.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks as always for your responsiveness.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Besides the leak issue that you already were aware, it's not bad looking. We're not after a zero event chart, but my opinion at this stage is tuning for comfort. Did you feel good for this? What was there you did or didn't like?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The issue for me right now is just that I keep waking up and I can't pinpoint a proper reason why. I do occasionally get some heavier pressure but I can't be positive if that's waking me up or not. The frequent wakeups are hurting me a lot. The first week or 2 I felt some minor improvement and since then I feel like I'm taking steps backward.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to try it, maybe edit PS Max down 2 making IPAP Max 20. Can't guarantee it'll help or hinder, so be prepared.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give it a shot. Doesn't seem like my max IPAP clears 20 by more than a few decimals, so maybe that'll help. I have a soft cervical collar on the way tomorrow as well since it was only $10 on amazon. Not positive if I even need it but if nothing else I can give it to my dad as he would likely benefit from it (he also has CSA and an ASV machine, but has a real hard time with his full face mask. Trying to get him on here for advice!)

Thanks as always Dave. I'll update tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, best wishes your therapy does well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Morning fellow sleep-seekers,

Attached is my OSCAR chart from last night. The f40 is a real finicky mask when it comes to seal. A shame it's so damn comfortable for side sleeping. I'm gonna have to keep playing with it to get those leaks under control. I've had some great nights with it but lately not so much. 

The adjusted pressure of PS max from 12 to 10 is noticeably more comfortable and doesn't seem to reduce my therapy's efficacy. Sadly, I still woke up twice during the night. Once at approx 12:12am and once at approx 2:10am. I woke up for the morning at about 5:15am and took the mask off a bit after. 

I will note it felt like I woke up at the end of dreams both at 12 and 2. So at the very least I don't think my REM sleep is being disrupted. I do take 50mg of Zoloft (sertraline) daily and I'm wondering if that isn't contributing. I've always been very sensitive to medications with any sleep-related side effect. 

I'm going to let the new pressure setting ride for a few days then report back. Might also be time for a trip to the ol' psych doctor to see what other options are available for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK not bad there. From here, it seems like looking at things every so often to see what trend you're developing. Keep us updated how things are going.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 449 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,822 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 251 Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,307 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,162 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 102 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 127 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.