Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data
New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data
Hello all,
   I am hoping you can help me adjust my settings. I'm guessing my minimum pressure is set to too low. I have attached three days of OSCAR data. Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data
You might try upping your minimum pressure to 11, or even 12.  Also, your OAs appear to be positional too. Avoid sleeping on your back.  Try to sleep on your side.  Another consideration is possible chin tucking.  Severe chin tucking can not be overcome with any amount of pressure.  Many have been helped by using a soft cervical collar (referred to as, SCC).  Here's a Wiki on the subject: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...cal_Collar

While you're at it, please update your profile.  Your charts contradict it. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Just updated my machine as well as my profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did I go too high on the pressure?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see you increased your maximum pressure. Why?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2024, 11:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I see you increased your maximum pressure.  Why?

- Red

Hi, on his pressure chart, it looks like the pressure gets up to around 20. Does that mean that 20 was necessary for proper treatment or not necessarily. If not, is this because of imperfections in the algorithm in the machine or because of some other reason?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed recognizes the resistance of an obstructive airway and will increase the pressure in an attempt to overcome it. That is why you try to limit the maximum, or you will experience runaway pressure.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2024, 11:15 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I see you increased your maximum pressure.  Why?

- Red

On my previous data, it was going up to 16, which was my max. I wasn't sure if I needed more pressure so I maxed it out figuring the machine would only go there if needed. I'll drop it back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleeping position is dictating the OAs.  There isn't enough pressure available to overcome that. . . (short of an air compressor Smile).
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ha! Just ordered a cervical collar to see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 22 1,088 10-14-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bkflg
  Fine tuning CPAP newman08 10 531 10-13-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 20 909 10-06-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: benjaminjaquith
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 154 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  MildOSAHighRera's therapy tuning thread MildOSAHighRera 17 1,417 09-30-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days yankees123 41 10,909 09-29-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: frankzappa
  [Treatment] New user looking for tuning, tips, and advice cjt324 3 231 09-28-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.