Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense?
Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense?
As the title explains I have been using a Cervical Collar for 3 nights now,  first, 08/16/2023, HI 6.73, second, 08/17/2023 4.81, third 10/18/2023, AHI 22.28. Leaks almost perfect.

I am posting the graphs to see if a compassionate soul makes any sense of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense?
In order to have a better understanding, we need to see the statistical data to the left of the graphs too.  Please use one of the following to produce a screenshot.  

Using the steps below, will allow for OSCAR to format the screen for a better representation.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the Standard view.  (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
  2. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: While holding down the Fn key, press the F12 key.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
By using Cervical Collar; I was expecting less or no OA which is not my main problem, maybe the less one, but, those [oa] appeared suddenly.

I know, I am a positional apnea problem but as I "remember" on "my dreams" I was most of the time AWAKE!.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention that since you have limited attachment storage space, you may wish to delete your older images.  The full steps are to go to your UserCP > Manage Attachments section, where you can delete or even get the link for using the same image in another post.  To help, I have provided a quick link to take you to your attachments

Attachment Management:  https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp...ttachments

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very new, have no many graphs to make sense, do you want me to delete them anyway?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I did it.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My intent was to let you know if you run up against the attachment limit, how to free up some space. Sorry if I confused you. Please post a screenshot of your Daily screen, using one of the methods I posted above.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
These are 3 days using Soft Cervical Collar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,
You did not mention the collar type, but I recently had a similar experience.  I am a new CPAP user and, thanks to the forum, it became obvious that most of my problem was positional.  I ordered masks and began using the Releaf neck rest. It was by far the most comfortable and it solved the problem, briefly – and then I had numbers like yours going progressively up to 20+ over a few days.  I  was mystified but then theorized the collar was slowly failing by crushing down.  I tried taping on extra fabric and the situation was corrected (AHI beck to around 1).   So I have been trying various collars, cutting some down (I hate the "ear flaps" most have which press into my ears and on the mask chin strap.)  My current hope is for the "Alt Releaf" currently on order from the company and supposedly stiffer.  Meanwhile I am using the old Releaf, with an added roll of cloth and slathered with painters tape.  Laughable but working, and all that tape (wrapped top to bottom, several rows,) helps stiffen the whole package.  I look ridiculous, but I actually slept pretty well last night.  k888
Post Reply Post Reply
The graphs show positional apnea (number 2 ok) and if you are using the collar as you said then the collar is either not fitting or not the right size.  You get the correct height of the collar by measuring the distance from the chin to the sternum.

The second problem you have are high flow limits.  Flow limits are apnea just like Oa and H events but they are not counted in the AHI.  FL cause the cpap to raise the pressure to try to stop the FL from becoming a full apnea.  Because of that your pressures are at the max almost all the time you are using the cpap.

We control FL with EPR.  You need to turn on EPR to FULL TIME and set it to 3.

I can not see what you have your min set because you have left off the left column where a lot of important information is. You will need at least a min of 7 for the EPR to work.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 20 627 41 minutes ago
Last Post: benjaminjaquith
  Post Cervical Surgery start up DEJONES1954 1 65 Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 89 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies
  Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days yankees123 41 10,733 09-29-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: frankzappa
  Help with cervical colar Lanners 2 112 09-29-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Two Days In RegenHealth 3 128 09-28-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  personal effect of soft cervical collar eok361 5 245 09-26-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Dodies

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.