Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine
Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine
Hello All

I'm sending my original  Philips RECALLED device today but I also need to send the REPLACEMENT  device Philips sent me back to them to be eligible for the Award program. 

I can't seem to find the prepaid label for this on the Settlement page. Any help would be great.
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine
(12-13-2023, 08:50 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Hello All

I'm sending my original  Philips RECALLED device today but I also need to send the REPLACEMENT  device Philips sent me back to them to be eligible for the Award program. 

I can't seem to find the prepaid label for this on the Settlement page. Any help would be great.

Any chance you figured this out?  I was working my way through the settlement process tonight and had a similar problem.  It won't accept the serial numbers for my replacement unit to generate a return label.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2023, 01:07 AM)Forgetfu Wrote: Any chance you figured this out?  I was working my way through the settlement process tonight and had a similar problem.  It won't accept the serial numbers for my replacement unit to generate a return label.

The note on the page states that the remediated machines won't be awarded:

[color=var(--blue)]Note[/color]
You should enter the serial number for the original CPAP, BiPAP or ventilator device you acquired prior to the Respironics recall in June 2021. Since the June 2021 recall, you may have received from Respironics or your DME a repaired, refurbished, remanufactured, and/or new device pursuant to a Respironics recall program. That repaired, refurbished, remanufactured, and/or new device is not eligible for the Settlement even if the device is identified above as potentially eligible.
How do I find the Serial Number of my device?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2023, 12:24 AM)Phaleronic Wrote: The note on the page states that the remediated machines won't be awarded:

[color=var(--blue)]Note[/color]
You should enter the serial number for the original CPAP, BiPAP or ventilator device you acquired prior to the Respironics recall in June 2021. Since the June 2021 recall, you may have received from Respironics or your DME a repaired, refurbished, remanufactured, and/or new device pursuant to a Respironics recall program. That repaired, refurbished, remanufactured, and/or new device is not eligible for the Settlement even if the device is identified above as potentially eligible.

Right, that I understand.  But when my original DS1 was recalled, I purchased an AirSense 11.  That means I should be eligible for the Device Replacement Award.

However, later Philips sent me a DS2.  In order to qualify for the Device Replacement Award, I have to return my original DS1 plus I have to return the DS2 as well.

Quote:
  • At the time you purchased, leased, rented or otherwise paid out of pocket for the Replacement Device, you had not received a repaired, refurbished, remanufactured, and/or new replacement device from Philips Respironics pursuant to a Philips Respironics Recall Program (“Remanufactured Device”);

• You return the Recalled Device to Philips Respironics if you still have it (a pre-paid return label is available on the Settlement website); and

• You return to Philip Respironics any Remanufactured Device you received from Philips Respironics, if you received one (a pre-paid return label is available on the Settlement website).

That last bullet is the one that matters.  At the time i purchased the AirSense, i had not received a replacement.  So now I have to return the recalled device AND the remanufactured device per those last two bullets.  But in spite of the fact that it says a pre-paid return label is available for the remanufactured device, it won't let me generate one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2023, 02:11 PM)Forgetfu Wrote: Right, that I understand.  But when my original DS1 was recalled, I purchased an AirSense 11.  That means I should be eligible for the Device Replacement Award.

However, later Philips sent me a DS2.  In order to qualify for the Device Replacement Award, I have to return my original DS1 plus I have to return the DS2 as well.

That last bullet is the one that matters.  At the time i purchased the AirSense, i had not received a replacement.  So now I have to return the recalled device AND the remanufactured device per those last two bullets.  But in spite of the fact that it says a pre-paid return label is available for the remanufactured device, it won't let me generate one.

ahh, okay here is the ship to address that I've sent mine back to (prepaid shipping label from Phillips):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with this.  If history is any guide, Philips is going to mess this up for you.  In your case, it's more complicated, since they sent you a replacement already.  I wouldn't be surprised if they can't find the machine you send them, even if you have proof of delivery, especially if you don't use THEIR pre-paid return label that has your specific RMA code printed on it.  Philips is THAT BAD at recall issues.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2023, 08:50 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Hello All

I'm sending my original  Philips RECALLED device today but I also need to send the REPLACEMENT  device Philips sent me back to them to be eligible for the Award program.

(12-17-2023, 01:07 AM)Forgetfu Wrote: Any chance you figured this out?  I was working my way through the settlement process tonight and had a similar problem.  It won't accept the serial numbers for my replacement unit to generate a return label.

Although I'm sure you've both figured this out by now, I thought I'd post for anyone else who has the same question -- I just returned my remanufactured device today. You need your own RMA, so you can't copy someone else's label. There are two ways you can get your prepaid return label:
  1. (Slower) Email info@respironicscpap-elsettlement.com with the serial number of your remanufactured device and ask for one. They responded to me within about 3 days with a link to print my label.
  2. (Faster) Fill out the Device Replacement Award form and submit it. After submission, a screen will come up with a link to print your label. I didn't find this out until later, or I'd have done this. When I (originally) called the contact phone number to ask about labels, they didn't tell me.  Annoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
Link to the Philips Respironics Claim Form https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/...20Form.pdf
Confirmation for Device Payment Award Form (for devices registered in Philips recall program prior to September 7, 2023, but user has no and will not return to Philips) https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/...20Form.pdf
Information on submitting an award claim form https://www.respironicscpap-elsettlement...ment-award
Other important documents related to Philips Respironics recalls, awards and returns https://www.respironicscpap-elsettlement...-documents
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since January, I have had a heck of a time getting the claim submittal completed. I found the process confusing, and their CS reps were no help at all. Without the posts in this thread I would have gotten nowhere, so thank you!

A question which I hope can be answered. The Device Replacement Claim Form asked if I had returned the remanufactured machine, which I marked as NO. I submitted the form and supporting documentation. The confirmation page included a link to print the return FedEx label for the remanufactured machine. It's headed to FedEx today. Does my answer of NO disqualify me for reimbursement even though I now have the return label and can return the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it should.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 68 10,039 10-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,002 417,396 10-02-2024, 06:56 AM
Last Post: CpapCamper
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 33 5,085 10-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Oscar won't read replacement O2 Ring data Greg1582378 1 107 09-29-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 278,906 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
  Class Action settlement for Philips recall… robsmuir 0 190 09-24-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: robsmuir
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 143 25,411 09-22-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.