Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns
RE: Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns
I ended up going with the wider range.  Even with a low score I feel really tired and I recall waking up a fair bit - lots of large leaks also, not sure what's the cause of those.

Anyway, here's my OSCAR data.

Any further thoughts / tips would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thank you so much for your continued support and patience!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see EPAP min 6.0 EPAP max 8.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 10.0 Totally experimental. You have two periods of the night where PS goes crazy and seems to get nothing good done. This trial cuts PS max a lot and we just need to get a data point for comparison.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks, I'll give that a crack - maybe my leaks were caused by the pressure spikes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a bit better subjectively I think - easier to fall asleep and I could only remember waking up once.

Leaks are still a big issue though, more so than on APAP.

As usual any tips would be greatly appreciated - I find this a lot harder to interpret than my APAP data if I'm honest.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah that's terrible!

An 0.40 AHI !

No I'm kidding. Now the important test, feeling better for it?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hahaha! Honestly I'm not sure, it feels about the same as when I was on my APAP. If anything slightly more disruptive still. I'll keep tweaking to see what I can do to improve comfort and then make the call as to whether I continue on ASV or go back to APAP I guess.

As an aside, is there any way that being on an ASV would make me dependent on the machine (for lack of a better word)? As I type this it sounds highly unlikely but I am a little unnerved by having a machine breathing for me - sometimes it feels like it's controlling my breathing rather than the other way around!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my opinion on ASV dependence, probability about the same as CPAP, pretty low.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Anyone with any other thoughts? I will put PS max up +1 tonight and see wlhow that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep the information coming. It looks like we can cut EPAP a bit further to 5 min 7 max. Therapy looks good and the numbers are excellent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well since we all have some form of sleep apnea we are all sort of dependent on the machines in a way. In order to sleep well, you need your machine.

But as for as dependence on it to breath in general, I would say no.

I'd also mention that the leaks could be disrupting your sleep a little bit. I know the N30i mask is pretty finicky with getting leaks down. Its not constant low level leaks that disrupt sleep, its the spikes that can do that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 37 1,501 Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Haldir
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 36 959 10-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  24 CA events, I am practically worried. Ddobson85 4 185 09-30-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night... ZeroShun 2 169 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ZeroShun
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 246 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 161 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Periodic Breathing Strategies? mark.apnea 2 270 09-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.