Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Xeros - Therapy Assistance
RE: Cervical collar caused more centrals?
1. It is impossible for a cervical collar to be directly the cause of centrals.

2. Indirectly by elimination of significant obstructive events resulting in a significant improvement in breathing, that's possible but unlikely.

I'd need to see zoomed views but I suspect you just got caught in a delayed feedback loop with over correcting until you finally broke out of it. IMHO you without question did not have enough obstruction for the addition of a cervical collar to cause this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I raised my min pressure (EPAP) by 1 cm last night and my centrals dropped a bit, I slept better as well. I also noticed a small decrease in flow limits. I had read from another thread that min pressure being to low increased their flow rate and centrals. I'm going to sit at this pressure for a bit. When I got a sleep study I have lots of RERA's and not really any obstructions, some hypopenas. I payed to have my data looked at by a sleep tech and I had a lot of RERAs before bipap and need to get my data looked at again. All I know is the cervical collar helps Coffee for whatever reason and I've been sleeping through REM sleep more which is when I usually wake up. I thought maybe the collar just reduced the need for pressure but it was probably just an off night with a higher CA count.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why are you trying the cervical collar? It was suggested to me to help keep my mouth closed but didn't seem to help with that. After using just a thin slice of tape I trained my mouth  to stay closed. I do sometimes use the collar for neck pain so wondering what the advantage might be?
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
Do I even need CPAP or Bipap?

Id like to keep things brief. I have had sleep issues for some time, probably around 10 years ago but likely some issues as a teenager as well. Things didn't really get bad until I remember waking up gasping for air so bad Id go from laying down to sitting straight up. Over the years my sleep got so bad my health started to decline. Test after test and I was fine, however, I had a consistently very low vitamin D level (which I know how some relation to sleep). I eventually got a sleep study and was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea with a higher RDI. So I thought "it must be UARS!" well my airway is clear, had that looked at by a doctor and measured; my airway is great. My nose however has some gunk and a deviated septum, but I wouldn't think enough to cause my sleep issues. Ive tried different masks, settings, even a biPAP over the past 6 years and nothing works. Maybe its time I get some real advice from people who know what they are looking at and talking about. Docs have been a dead end, and I know this is my sleep because I have had some random nights where I slept great and felt normal again. Does it seem like a setting issue, hypochondria or some other issues messing with my sleep? I have worked on sleep hygiene, diet, supplements and all the above, but I sleep very poorly, always feel unrefreshed and if I don't do everything perfectly even now, I am too deprived to even function. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I even need CPAP or Bipap?
I cannot help with the medical questions, but I do not see UARS. What I do see is you do not have enough pressure. If you increase IPAP max to 12, that should help. Note that you may have to increase EPAP min as well, but one thing at a time.

There is also some positional apnoea going on with the clustering of OA and H events. Finding a way to stop the chin-tucking with a flatter pillow, CPAP pillow, and/or soft cervical collar, should clear those up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Xeros - Therapy Assistance
Xeros - All your threads are related to your therapy.  For this reason, I have merged them.  This provides the reader a history of your past settings and results.  Having the ability to see past attempts and their results will help to form better recommendations.  Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts. I have changed the thread title to, "Xeros - Therapy Assistance" to be more inclusive.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well then I don't know how anyone is supposed to see my post, these posts are almost a year apart. I figured this would be a waste of time. I'll just go pay leftylanky to look at my results, feel free to delete the thread. Thanks

I appreciate it, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whenever a post is made in a thread, it will jump to the top of the "Most Recent" list in that Forum.  To see all the new posts, select either New Posts or Today's Posts.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 177 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,075 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance NoCaffAfter4 39 966 08-14-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ftfu - Therapy Assistance ftfu 14 856 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ftfu
  ASV assistance Vako 13 372 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 534 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
Question [Treatment] ahmazing - Therapy Assistance ahmazing 9 552 06-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ahmazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.