Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Wink 
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Never! Tongue Here to stay!

One never does anything "alone". Always a teamwork. I'll be lurking around this board looking for stuff, I'm sure. Which reminds me -- I need to figure out how to incorporate a pulse ox via bluetooth into my CPAP therapy by linking it (or connecting it) to my AirSense 11! I really want to know what my O2 sats are in relation to all the other data that's collected. Just a project I need to figure out.

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I am new around here and would just like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this site, its an incredible resource of infomation and help.

In terms of my sleep, I was diagnosed 2 months back and had a shaky start with CPAP, looking back at my OSCAR data I can see massive leaks and just a general mess. I had no access to doctors because I have just moved countries, so this has been the only resource I have available. Now my charts are consistently pretty good, and parts of my body seem to have sprung back to life in a way that makes me suspect my testosterone levels have jumped up several notches. Normally I would always have an afternoon nap (even when working) and the desire to do that has gone -- which is a bit of a shame because I did enjoy it. However, just not tired anymore.

Prior to treatment, I would wake up several times in the night, now its once or none.

Still early days, but I have accepted I need this machine to breath when Im sleeping and actually already feel like I depend upon it. Hoping over time I will normalise it into a routine and things will just continue to get better...
Post Reply Post Reply
After trying several masks and setting, I finally feel like I'm on the right track. Ofcourse, all the advice I got from my doctor was wrong. It's thanks for boards like these that I'm finding combinations that are finally helping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a new member.  Thank you for this post.  It gives me hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried MAD and even UPAP (insured with those operation here, but CPAP not insured) before using CPAP.
Unfortunately doc said that my anatomy is born, I'm unable to reduce AHI by reduce weight.

So here I am, using CPAP ultimately... I have some compliance issue, but it's getting better - 10~8 AHIs now!
Keep it up ppl, researches said that it will make your spirit better only after 14 days ~ onward of treatment!

(08-29-2024, 11:08 AM)nomosnow Wrote: After trying several masks and setting, I finally feel like I'm on the right track.  Ofcourse, all the advice I got from my doctor was wrong.  It's thanks for boards like these that I'm finding combinations that are finally helping.

Do you have experience comparing with N30i and P30i?
I wonder which one suits you best, any experiences are much appreciated.

I can only be comfortable with i series(tubes on the top of head), but N30i has leaking issues for me...
I wonder if P30i will be better, but it costs 150$ USD~ here, which is very significant considering the income level in my countery : X
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2024, 08:48 AM)Syridian Wrote: I find that when I'm congested putting a drop or 2 of eucalyptus oil in the humidifier really helps.

Is it really a good way? I've heard that put anything other than pure RO water will cause you lung damages...

Not a doc myself either, just wondering if I can every get rid of my antihistamines.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are not supposed to add oil to the water in the tank.  If you want to have a particular smell put a small dish next to where the filter is outside the machine and let it draw air across it.  The filter will keep out any particles big

For the water, if you can drink it you can use it.  Using tap water means you will have mineral deposits inside the tank as the water evaporates.  As the tank water evaporates it leaves all the minerals and such behind.  

BUT, if you put oil in the vapors from that could get into the seals and other internal components and harm the machine.  Most silicone seals tend to expand when they are in contact with most types of oil.

We have all been there with compliance issues and high AHI until we dial it in with the right mask.  I went through a dozen different ones and now I am on the F40 because I am a side/front down sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2024, 11:10 AM)robbob2112 Wrote: You are not supposed to add oil to the water in the tank.  If you want to have a particular smell put a small dish next to where the filter is outside the machine and let it draw air across it.  The filter will keep out any particles big

For the water, if you can drink it you can use it.  Using tap water means you will have mineral deposits inside the tank as the water evaporates.  As the tank water evaporates it leaves all the minerals and such behind.  

BUT, if you put oil in the vapors from that could get into the seals and other internal components and harm the machine.  Most silicone seals tend to expand when they are in contact with most types of oil.

We have all been there with compliance issues and high AHI until we dial it in with the right mask.  I went through a dozen different ones and now I am on the F40 because I am a side/front down sleeper.
Got it robbob!

On the point of mask issues, I guess it's really as what's been written in the mask primer section on the wiki - patience, positive thinking, and never stop trying/ improving. 

Now I know why this thread exists - having ppl talking and cheering each other really do help along the journey. Thanks TT like
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried both. N30I had a better seal but it hurt my nose.  The other one leaked.  I'm having better luck wtih the P10
Post Reply Post Reply
So my CPAP success story is related to 3 areas: the quality of sleep has improved, the snoring is gone, and I feel much more energetic after using the device and incorporating it into my life daily as a new part of my life.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] new to cpap therapy,. not having any success yet. sjlulz 3 104 09-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,310 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie post izsleepy 6 392 09-10-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: izsleepy
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 967 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Would you up the pressure in this situation? Post turbinate reduction tiredguy1 3 193 08-20-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Another OSCAR Help Post Eric794 2 209 08-13-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Eric794
Question Anyone else with no success using CPAP? phoen1kx 35 1,805 07-25-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.