Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your thoughts on my stats
RE: Your thoughts on my stats
I agree to try constant pressure mode with EPR on. If you change two things at the same time, you don't know the cause of any changes in your results. Also, I've found constant pressure to work better for me in regards to my CA events.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite a bit of flow limits and events likely triggered by being at too low a pressure. 

Rather than guess at what a fixed pressure should be, why not do a bit of self-titrating and set your pressure to 8-15 EPR 2? From there we can help narrow things down to what fixed pressure and EPR setting should be used.
Post Reply Post Reply
It makes sense to change one thing at a time. I have not used EPR before, so will start by increasing my pressure from 8 to 9.

Obviously, I have no clue so am appreciating all your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK so, PeaceLoveAndPizza, your message came in at the same time as I sent mine. I see it now. I really don't know what is best. All your answers make sense to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Occam’s Razor. The simplest answer typically is just that. 

The gang here are most helpful and whilst our recommendations may be a bit off from each other, we will all move you in the same direction. Just different ways to get there based on our own experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try not to get overwhelmed. I think everyone agrees that more pressure is needed, and EPR may also benefit you. What you do first or how you do it is up to you. Setting the machine to auto and giving it a max pressure around 12 will let the machine increase your pressure in response to disordered breathing without boosting the pressure you are feeling as you fall asleep. We can look at the max and average once that is done to see if going back to CPAP makes sense, and have a more educated guess as to what pressure to do it at if so.

Or, you can increase pressure in CPAP mode until you're happy with the results. Once the extra pressure bothers you in some way or seems to not help much anymore, we can back off to where you were happy and look into EPR to further refine your therapy if it still looks like you need more tweaks.

Make sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, makes sense! I have hope for a great quality of life now! LOL!
Post Reply Post Reply
So last night I started with 8-12 and EPR at 2. I was not uncomfortable, so I don't know why, but I didn't sleep well.

So in the middle of the night I changed to constant pressure of 9, and no EPR.

The side by side of the two settings is quite interesting!

I look forward to your comments and suggestions!

And, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached is last night's data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations continue to dominate things. Whether they are significantly impacting your sleep is the question.

As I read the charts, CPAP mode at 8 manages CA’s, but you get hypopnoea’s. With APAP mode you get CA’s with EPR at 2 and you need a top end above 12, probably something like 15. 

Whether you use CPAP or APAP mode, you need more pressure to control the OSA.

Something to consider trying is setting you CPAP pressure to 11, with or without EPR set to 1 or 2. EPR will be mainly to make it more comfortable to breathe, so you decide whether you need it or not.

I think you need EPR, quite possibly more than your current machine can handle. You are likely a good candidate for a Vauto as it offers more options for treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 11 1,051 10-15-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LaurenceShaw
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 21 1,361 10-07-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: ac123
  Waking times - what are your thoughts? Blubarb 2 281 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 10 418 09-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 238 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Phrenic nerve stimulator thoughts? EdElliott 12 1,147 08-18-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: cps22
  New mask. Thoughts on pressure? accetableplaintain 2 271 08-10-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.