Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

any help looking at my oscar data would be appreciated
RE: any help looking at my oscar data would be appreciated
Thank you for pointing  out that potential problem with a collar.  We tried higher pressures.  The soft cervical collar won't work because of mouth breathing.  I am sorry teamarliss, I don't have any other suggestions to help you.  If someone else has any other suggestions to help teamarliss, please post.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, the info you've provided still has been valuable.
Post Reply Post Reply
What was your average AHI before the recent jump?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
You are welcome again teamarliss.  Actually, switching from sleeping on your back to exclusively sleeping on your side may be worth a try (it may work and it may not).  Some people have better results sleeping on their sides than on their back.  You can kind of use the pillow as a barrier between your chin and chest to help prevent chin tucking (and still let your mouth open and mouth breathe).  

Use anything you can think of to put behind your back to keep you from rolling over onto your back at night during sleep may help.  And if sleeping on one side gets to painful, switch to the other side.  There are numerous devices on the market to give ideas to avoid back sleeping.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
3 or 4
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think mouth breathing should exclude the use of a soft cervical collar. the idea is to prevent the head and neck position from reaching angles that obstruct. It's certainly desirable to breathe through your nose, but some people just don't, and it's still important to prevent chin-tucking. What is the issue with nasal breathing?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a deviated septum
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had surgery for a deviated septum and can breathe much better.  But, before that I used some nasal dilators (found on Amazon, etc.).  Prying those things into my nose increased the space in my left nostril and helped me a lot.  There are two basic kinds - 1.  soft silicone rubber ones (I personally liked these better); and 2.  the harder metal - type ones - a little more irritating to the sensitive areas inside my nose.  

I agree with Sleeprider that a soft cervical collar could potentially help your therapy a lot.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 38 1,476 10-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 130 10-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 22 1,093 10-14-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bkflg
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 46 2,596 10-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Mcca21 - OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 16 764 10-10-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 6 424 10-10-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 19 895 10-09-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mttm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.