Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

chacha897d - Understanding Various CPAP Models
chacha897d - Understanding Various CPAP Models
Airsense 10 has exhale pressure relief as we know then what makes it different from bi-level machine aircurve vauto
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 has exhale pressure relief as we know then what makes it different from b
On the VAuto, PS goes higher than just 3 cmH2O like EPR. The VAuto has the timing set of controls as well, AutoSet has none. VAuto has IPAP Max 25, AutoSet Max is 20.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Choosing a good CPAP machine: What criteria should you look for?
I am overwhelmed by the information, but please suggest what information I should look for when choosing a good CPAP machine
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Choosing a good CPAP machine: What criteria should you look for?
Resmed aircurve (bio) VAUTO

Resmed air sense 10 or 11 autoset

Most people know these are the most used in this group for a reason.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Which CPAP machine model (e.g., ResMed VAuto) provides the most comprehensive data an
Which CPAP machine model (e.g., ResMed VAuto) provides the most comprehensive data and is compatible with different data platforms like OSCAR? I am pretty new to it, so I would appreciate any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no CPAP expert, but I've been very happy with my ResMed 10 AutoSet.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
chacha897d - I have merged your 2 threads dealing with choosing a CPAP into one. We prefer that you keep all posts relating to the same subject in one thread.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most here believe that the ResMed pap machines are the best.  The  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto is a bi-level machine and a great choice.  Most don't need a bilevel machine, and if not the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset is another great machine.  Those two are the most common machines used.  If the cost does not matter, some prefer to get the Vauto, as it has additional features that could be helpful, even if not presently needed.  There are specialized machines as well, one dealing with high numbers of Central Apneas, called an ASV machine, and some other types as well.  It all depends on your specific type of apnea, your doctor, your insurance, and your finances if you choose to buy, without using insurance.

I hope this helps.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
After almost 5 years use, I believe my insurance will pay for a replacement CPAP machine after I hit the 5-year mark a little later this year. I currently use a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.

Should I get another 10, or is there any advantage to getting the 11? I seem to recall some saying the 10 is a better machine.

Also, what advantage would it be to try to get my Sleep Doc to ok a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto?

Edit: I just found this thread that talks about the differences between the 10 and 11. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...+resmed+11

After going through the thread, I'm not sure which to buy, the 10 or the 11. Unless the 11 has a better algorithm, which isn't verified in the thread, then I don't see any advantage of the 11 over the 10 with one possible disadvantage that the 11 has the smaller motor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Barney, I suggest that you get the 10. The machine has proven itself and the 11 has a smaller motor, I think just to save ResMed some $.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR Michellebeyer 2 161 10-15-2024, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR brokenslinky 4 259 10-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 378 10-06-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  Understanding Trigger Sensitivity stevesleep 7 522 09-29-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 269 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 233 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 13 866 09-21-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.