Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

chacha897d - Understanding Various CPAP Models
RE: Choosing a good CPAP machine: What criteria should you look for?
I still have a few months to decide, but I've looked into it and I'm most likely going to buy (through Medicare) another ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10 instead of the 11. The main reasons in no particular order are:

1) I'll have 2 10's, so if I need a spare part, I'll have it.

2) I didn't like the wider, narrower humidifier water container on the 11. I read of user's complaints that it seemed flimsy, was more awkward to take in and out, and that after filling it, it was difficult to not spill the water.

3) There were complaints that the humidifier element in the 11 had burned out, whereas, the same users did not have that problem with the 10.

4) The auto humidifier connection on the back of the 11 comes straight out, making it more difficult to create a 90-degree angle, if needed. The 10 has a 90-degree angle, which I happen to use.

5) The auto humidifier hose in the 11 is different than the one in the 10. I have a couple of extra hoses for the 10, which I wouldn't be able to use in the 11.

6) The 10 has a superior blower motor.

7) I didn't see a meaningful technological advantage of the 11 over the 10. I don't need the touch screen that the 11 uses. The algorithm used by both is the same. Except that the Resmed Airsense for Her settings are included in the 11, which is something I don't care about.

8) There was another mechanical problem that users of the 11 complained about and didn't experience in the 10, but I can't recall what it is.

In summary, I didn't really see any compelling reason to buy the 11 over the 10.

On a side note, the Lowenstein Prisma 20A looks like it might be a superior machine, but since it's not sold in the US, I don't think it's worth the hassle associated with buying it, such as difficulty in obtaining follow-up support. Also, I'm guessing Medicare wouldn't cover it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 has exhale pressure relief as we know then what makes it different from b
(05-28-2024, 07:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: On the VAuto, PS goes higher than just 3 cmH2O like EPR. The VAuto has the timing set of controls as well, AutoSet has none. VAuto has IPAP Max 25, AutoSet Max is 20.

Sorry, I am totally new to this. My sleep apnea is mild. I assume by "higher level of PS support," you simply mean that the VAuto can provide higher pressure, or does it include other aspects of pressure support, such as being more accurate? It's confusing because I know the AirSense also has features that the VAuto does not. For example:

1. The AirCurve 10 does not detect RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousals) or CSR (Cheyne-Stokes respiration) events, while the AirSense 10 does.
2. The AutoSet Response comfort setting is only available in the AirSense. ResMed designed this feature to help patients who are sensitive to high pressure have a smoother experience using the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2024, 07:43 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Resmed aircurve (bio) VAUTO

Resmed air sense 10 or 11 autoset

Most people know these are the most used in this group for a reason.

I am also confused between the AirSense and the VAuto. I was leaning towards the VAuto until I found out that some features in the AirSense are not available in the VAuto. I am now considering the AirSense because it has features that the VAuto does not. For example:
  • The AirCurve 10 does not detect RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousals) or CSR (Cheyne-Stokes respiration) events, while the AirSense 10 does.
  • The AutoSet Response comfort setting is only available in the AirSense. ResMed designed this feature to help patients who are sensitive to high pressure have a smoother experience using the machine.
Given that my sleep apnea is mild, what do you recommend?

I am also confused between the AirSense and the VAuto. I was leaning towards the VAuto until I found out that some features in the AirSense are not available in the VAuto. I am now considering the AirSense because it has features that the VAuto does not. For example:
  • The AirCurve 10 does not detect RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousals) or CSR (Cheyne-Stokes respiration) events, while the AirSense 10 does.
  • The AutoSet Response comfort setting is only available in the AirSense. ResMed designed this feature to help patients who are sensitive to high pressure have a smoother experience using the machine.
Given that my sleep apnea is mild, what do you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the detailed answer. I was also considering the Prisma 20A, but what if I end up needing a bi-level machine or ASV? That’s why I am considering buying a cheaper one so I always have the option to switch to a bi-level or ASV. However, these two options also have disadvantages, such as potentially inducing central sleep apnea, according to my research.
Post Reply Post Reply
*If cost doesn't matter, should I choose the VAuto over the AirSense 10?** I was leaning towards the VAuto until I learned that the AirSense has some features the VAuto does not. For example:

1. The AirCurve 10 does not detect RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousals) or CSR (Cheyne-Stokes respiration) events, while the AirSense 10 does. ?
2. The AutoSet Response comfort setting is only available in the AirSense. ResMed designed this feature to help patients who are sensitive to high pressure have a smoother experience using the machine. ?️

On the other hand, the VAuto machine provides more pressure support, such as lower pressure when you exhale. It also has Ti Control, which means you can set it to deliver air for a specific duration, such as 2.5 seconds when you breathe in. ⏱️

Now I am really confused. I have mild sleep apnea, but the symptoms are definitely not mild at all. I am also not sure if it is all caused by sleep apnea. ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I am using a vauto now that I've put a new motor in it and sanitized it (bought it used)-it's a good machine, I also have auto bipaps from phillips and a few apap machines of theirs, I prefer their treatment overall compared to resmeds offering, but if I were in your shoes I'd get the vauto Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a Second-Hand CPAP Machine
Hello, if you're interested in buying a second-hand CPAP machine from a platform like Facebook Marketplace, what questions should you ask the seller
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a Second-Hand CPAP Machine
You don't want any cpap. It is like cars there are 50 different brands and many models in each brand some ok, some good, some bad.

Most of us use a Resmed brand. There are 2 excellent choices in this maker. Resmed AirCurve 10 or 11 VAUTO (bipap)

Resmed AirSense 10 or 11 AUTOSET

Either one is good the bipap is best. You need to know how many hour total run time. Take a look at YouTube for a video on the model above and they usually tell you how to get to all settings. If not you can download the manual from the top of the site for free and read all about it. Other than that if it bothers you smoke free, pet free home.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP Machine Authenticity on dotmed
How reliable are CPAP machines sold on dotmed? I've seen some cheap ResMed machines from China and am wondering if those might be counterfeit.
[DME Link Removed]

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a Second-Hand CPAP Machine
if there was a smoker in the house and how many hours it has on it. from the clinical menu since the user one can be reset.

edit: what he said too, stick to resmed!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR Michellebeyer 2 161 10-15-2024, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR brokenslinky 4 259 10-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 378 10-06-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  Understanding Trigger Sensitivity stevesleep 7 522 09-29-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 269 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 233 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 13 866 09-21-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.