Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

chacha897d - Understanding Various CPAP Models
RE: CPAP Machine Authenticity on dotmed
You should only be purchasing a Resmed machine. The gold standard . Don’t gamble with you health.
No China junk.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Machine Authenticity on dotmed
They (one vendor of many) sell ResMed APAP S10 used with 200 hours on them (and 191 in one photo) for $120 and they say they have 500 of them.

I suspect retailers' returned/warranty units are resold en masse to liquidators for $50 and wind up being sold online in China without being checked as to function. Clearly ResMed is not selling demo or hospital units with almost no hours in bulk to China at a price where $120 is profitable for resale.

Amazon sells returned goods at X price point or of certain classes of goods by the pallet to resellers through liquidation companies. This type of sale appears similar and you might have to buy 5 of them to get one good one and one OK one and 3 for parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a Second-Hand CPAP Machine
Allow zero value for masks and hoses not in factory sealed bags. I don't want to reuse a mask, even less (<0) if someone passed away while wearing it.

And runtime from the about panel. I bought a used S11 APAP with a NIB mask and tube (refusing the mask and tube not in the sealed bag) with 168 hours on it for US$450. I don't think you can reset machine runtime, user reset or not. Over 10,000 hours, I'd pass, under 1,000 I'd look at it.

Don't buy a CPAP if you need an APAP, and stick to ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2024, 09:05 PM)Rickyricardo Wrote: Don't buy a CPAP if you need an APAP, and stick to ResMed.

Also, there are videos out there showing how to remove the small piece of the "more resistant against degradation than Philips" foam. Whatever the seller claims, you can never be sure about the cigarette smoke or dust accumulated in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2024, 09:05 PM)Rickyricardo Wrote: And runtime from the about panel. I bought a used S11 APAP with a NIB mask and tube (refusing the mask and tube not in the sealed bag) with 168 hours on it for US$450. I don't think you can reset machine runtime, user reset or not. Over 10,000 hours, I'd pass, under 1,000 I'd look at it.

You can reset the user run time not the one in the clinical menu. factory reset will set it to 0.
Post Reply Post Reply
I heard somewhere that if the run time is too long, you can just replace the motor with a $100 one from Amazon. Will anything else be affected by the run time?
Post Reply Post Reply
it should be fine i don't think anything else is affected, and a lot of ppl do exactly that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Comparing BiPAP and CPAP: Advantages of the AirCurve 10 VAuto Over the AirSense 10
I've heard from several people that BiPAP machines might be superior to CPAP ones. Could you please list all the reasons or aspects in which the AirCurve 10 VAuto outperforms the AirSense 10
Post Reply Post Reply
Choosing the First CPAP Machine for UAR Patients: VAuto, ASV, or AirSense 10 Lavender
Given that many UAR patients switch between a couple of machines before finding the right one, between the VAuto, ASV, and the AirSense 10 Lavender, which one would you recommend as the first CPAP machine for UAR patients and why?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: chacha897d - Understanding Various CPAP Models
chacha897d - 5 of your threads were related to CPAP model questions. For this reason, I have merged them. This provides the reader a history of your past questions. Having the ability to see posts will help to avoid duplicates. Please use this thread for all your machine related posts. I have changed the thread title to, "chacha897d - Understanding Various CPAP Models" to be more inclusive.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR Michellebeyer 2 161 10-15-2024, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Understanding My Oscar Data - Improving Usage, Possible CSR brokenslinky 4 259 10-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 6 377 10-06-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  Understanding Trigger Sensitivity stevesleep 7 522 09-29-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 269 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 233 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 13 866 09-21-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.