Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on?
Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on?
Helping my mom adjust to CPAP therapy.  She is about 45 days in.  Has a ResMed 11 and FP solo mask.  I believe i have her pressure down at 8.  Main thing now is having her remember to put the mask back on or turn the machine back on after bathroom break.  I have turned on the auto start for her today.  Any other tips??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on?
I have a ResMed 10 AutoSet. I have to get up at night to make a bathroom run, more times than I'd like.

I simply reach over to my machine and hit the start / stop bar on top of it. I then disconnect the hose from my mask and go about my business, leaving my mask on. 

I return to bed, reattach the hose to my mask and take a breath. It then automatically turns itself back on.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You have done what you can. She will get used to it as she uses it more. If she does forget after a loo visit, it is fine as she is adapting to a new way to sleep. Hopefully with your help she will notice the improvement in her sleep and it will make it easier to remember over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, tell her to disconnect from the hose only, and not to remove her mask.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back up Battery Problem Kimb 3 73 Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New/old user back to CPAP Starg81234 4 206 07-21-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment woives 10 426 07-15-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: woives
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 74 4,346 07-02-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Back up battery/generator for BiPap Aggie 18 804 06-30-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Going back to sleep with resmed 10 autoset hdsheena 4 304 06-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: hdsheena
  xPAP tuning tips for PB / CA R and R 0 165 06-11-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: R and R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.