Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dry mouth
RE: dry mouth
It's a solution that works for dry mouth.

The extreme solution is a full face mask. I've tried many ff masks. I'm claustrophobic

I still use a good nasal mask, with a chinstrap or pad I made myself. I've tried taping my lips shut. That works too. However, I wasn't comfortable doing that.

Thanks for your response.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 08:01 AM)DaveL Wrote: It's a solution that works for dry mouth.

The extreme solution is a full face mask.  I've tried many ff masks.  I'm claustrophobic

I still use a good nasal mask, with a chinstrap or pad I made myself.  I've tried taping my lips shut.  That works too. However, I wasn't comfortable doing that.

Many have extreme dry mouth with a FFM. I am one of them. As a mouth breather the air blowing in will dry many mouths out. I had dry mouth no matter what mask I tried. I guess we are all different. The Xylimelts do relieve some of the dryness. I bought the Dr. Dakota Eliminator from Amazon for about $25.00 and it helped my apneas & hypopneas and kept me from bending my neck closing of the airways to lessen snoring. Good luck Dave and hope you get a solution that works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

The extreme solution is a full face mask.  I've tried many ff masks.  I'm claustrophobic

I still use a good nasal mask, with a chinstrap or pad I made myself.  I've tried taping my lips shut.  That works too. However, I wasn't comfortable doing that.

I'm in the same boat as you all tho I'm just a week into this. I have yet to get over 3 hour of use and have yet to fall asleep.I either panic or just can't breath and the mask comes off real quick. I'll be trying a nasal this weekend and with the use of a cervical collar. Even if I do exhale through my mouth, if I can at least fall asleep, it'll be worth it,, at least for the short term. I know I'll need a full face to treat my apnea correctly and I also know regardless of the mask choice, I'll need Xylimelts nightly for my dry mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Satfrat, if you feel you can't breathe, is it because your pressure's too low? I thought I would hate the pressure, but came to absolutely LOVE it (with my nasal pillow). Once I had used it at 8 for month, though, I no longer felt that pressure lol (I became accustomed to it) and now I miss it Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL -  satfrat:   

Have you looked at the hybrid Resmed Mirage Liberty mask?   

Bag-head    snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL -  satfrat:   

Have you looked at the hybrid Resmed Mirage Liberty mask?   

Bag-head    snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME advised against it. I haven't tried it. Thanks I'll look for it.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 08:40 AM)michael9346 Wrote:

Many have extreme dry mouth with a FFM. I am one of them. As a mouth breather the air blowing in will dry many mouths out. I had dry mouth no matter what mask I tried. I guess we are all different. The Xylimelts do relieve some of the dryness. I bought the Dr. Dakota Eliminator from Amazon for about $25.00 and it helped my apneas & hypopneas and kept me from bending my neck closing of the airways to lessen snoring. Good luck Dave and hope you get a solution that works for you.

Arrrgghhh. Amazon.  Amazon.ca doesn't carry it Dr D Eliminator.  Amazon.com kicks me out because I am Canadian. Ratsinfracts.  Swearing softly
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2018, 08:40 AM)I michael9346 Wrote:

Thanks Michael. I'd buy the Eliminator in a heartbeat if I could
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL :  

1- Amazon.ca under the eliminator sleep cushion; Now I bought one a month ago & I paid $29.00 can. Now it's $57.46      Dont-know ????  

2- May I ask you why your DME advise against the Liberty mask? Bag-head   
                                                                                                            snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillows - Momentary Mouth Leakage Strategies? mark.apnea 2 261 10-11-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mouth Taping Dave77 4 256 10-06-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dave77
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 32 1,613 10-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,371 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  is the answer to this data mouth tape? p4ncaketim 3 280 10-03-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 36 4,856 10-03-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 14 1,730 09-30-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.