Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] ASV Flow Limits
ASV Flow Limits

I was an AirSense 10 APAP user for about a decade, I just (couple of weeks ago) graduated to an AirCurve 10 ASVAuto due to massive numbers of CA events I was having in the morning hours. I've played around with pressure support values but I seem to have a lot flow limitations and I'm not sure why.  Suggestions welcome.  The ASV can get pretty aggressive in the morning hours when I usually have lots of CA.  I treated CA with supplemental O2 for years and am still using because my spO2 levels can dip down below 88% occassionally.  I am concerned the ASV pressure aggressivness may be limiting the O2 concentrator injection (Climate Line Oxy nipple so the injection is at the egress fitting on the AirCurve and not up near the mask).

Please pardon any forum transgressions, I was having trouble with attachements (I'm the slowest kid on the block).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV Flow Limits
Unfortunately, you won't get flow limits to match your former CPAP on the ASV. As the ASV treats Central Apnea with its unique algorithm, it's going to cause the flow limits to appear. However in this case, it's a by-product of treatment not a lack of it. You'll likely drive yourself crazy attempting to adjust pressures to fix it. You're going to be best served to adjust the ASV to treat the other events, especially CA, and it may then be adjusted for comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV Flow Limits
You’ve got a lot of leaking going on. Try to get that leaking under control first: if you have a nasal mask consider mouth taping. You may also benefit from a higher minimum pressure support setting but it is hard to tell with the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 7 105 5 hours ago
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 146 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 232 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 191 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Question about flow limitations Uzupan 5 288 09-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] How do I fix flow limitations? dnserror 5 287 09-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Question about flow limitations and settings Miles3zd3 9 463 09-01-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Tommy C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.