Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

set pressure versus epap
set pressure versus epap
I continue to be confused by the oscar  philips dreamstation pressure channel
It shows set pressure and epap.   This is confusing terminology as what I set was a minimum pressure of 6 and max of 8
In this case Aflex of 2.  I understand that if pap is 6 the most it can drop is 2 during expiration but the graph really doesn't show aflex

The graph attached shows periods where set pressure and EPAP are the same, periods when set pressure is higher than EPAP and
periods when  periods of EPAP being higher than set pressure.  The term "set" pressure is confusing.  Is this the inspiratory pressure?? - can't be as sometimes EPAP is higher??

I am totally confused by this 

The actual care orchestrator pressure on detail plot just shows one pressure

I find ResMed detailed breath by breath pressure change easier to understand.  You can clearly see epr if present 

I hope someone can explain this

thanks rb

***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***

Images can not be hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: set pressure versus epap
Pressure set is reversed and should be active epap pressure in Oscar, it's an issue with the tags.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: set pressure versus epap
thanks for response but not certain I understand

are you saying set pressure should be active epap?

what is active epap?

thanks rb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 173 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Clarify/ Increasing Epap for snoring /arousal ? opo218 3 381 06-01-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  higher the EPAP higher the AHI - can someone explain? bhavintu79 1 335 05-12-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  UARS suspected - how set IPAP and EPAP jrcifani5005 20 1,792 03-05-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jrcifani5005
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 681 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 320 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 21,317 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.