Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance
stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance
hello . ı am new cpap user. can you help me my settings and any recommendation

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: first night
Welcome

Are you able to download OSCAR into your computer and use your SD card to import your data into the program?  It will be MUCH MUCH more detailed report.

With the information the wonderful people here will be able to help you better.

Locate the instructions here on the board and arrange your sections as requested.

Also, you might want to post images of your sleep study, with redacted personal identifiers of course.

Best Wishes!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
We need these graphs please:-
  1. Events
  2. Flow rate
  3. Pressure
  4. Leak rate
  5. Flow limitations
Please exclude the calendar and pie charts on the left of the daily screen. 

For graphs organisation please see here

or:-, (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12

Thanks 
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with others. OSCAR is preferred... and free. Overall your numbers look good according to the "standard" of 5 or less AHI being "normal". Of course, you can have an AHI of 5 or less and still have oxygen problems. I wear an O2 ring and import my oxygen levels into OSCAR and that really helps me know what's going on. Once you get the data set the way the folks have suggested, it will help us give you better advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you guys. here my oscar screen

Post Reply Post Reply
I occasionally check my oxygen level with my Apple Watch. Sometimes it dropped to around 80%. However, when I slept with my CPAP machine, it didn't drop below 95%. Upon reviewing my Oscar data, the only concern that came to mind was that my flow limit value seemed high. I'm curious about what I can do to address this. I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you raise your maximum pressure setting to 13, as you are bumping up a great deal against the 10 you presently have set.  Also, raise your EPR setting to 3 as your flow limits are high.  It appears that you are using ramp.  If so, turn it off if you can.  You aren't getting any real therapy when you use it.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for your response,I will increase the maximum pressure and EPR, I don't use ramp but even when I'm not sleeping  the pressure still increase.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not change the Max pressures but yes change EPR 3.  The pressures are raising because of the flow limits and EPR helps the flow limits.  In fact I would probably try to lower the max number after we see how this works.  I would suggest to raise the min by 1 and see if that helps

So EPR3
min 8
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I increased the EPR level to 3 on the second night, and the flow limit seems better now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  assistance with analyzing cpap data jentlesoal 7 391 10-13-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance NoCaffAfter4 42 1,365 10-07-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 284 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,371 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ftfu - Therapy Assistance ftfu 14 958 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ftfu
  ASV assistance Vako 13 480 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 604 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.