Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help. Fatigue/Daytime sleepiness even with low AHI
RE: Need help. Fatigue/Daytime sleepiness even with low AHI
As for the collar, I had some pain for 3 days but it went away. So if you want, it just takes some time and you will get used to it. It helps me a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay then. Will stick with this setting and collar for a week and will report back.
Thanks everyone :')
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay then. Will stick with this setting and collar for a week and will report back.
Thanks everyone :')
Post Reply Post Reply
Have a simple doubt.
With SCC can i sleep in my back or still recommend to sleep by my side?

I got neck pain when i slept on my side with the collar
Post Reply Post Reply
If the collar is keeping your chin from tucking toward your sternum, you should be able to sleep in any position.  We will take a look at the next OSCAR and see if you still have positional apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.
Coming back with an update Smile
Changes I did :
1) Pressure 7-12 and EPR 3
2) Went back to Rio nasal mask. I bought a new dreamwear nasal pillow since the tubing is above head, hoping to reduce rainout. But i had leaks nomatter what i tried. It doesn't just fit properly. I was given size M but the pillow nostril seems bigger than Rio nasal pillow's. Leaks reduced after i went back to rio.
3) Bought a new neck collar with XL size (Previosuly had L) Fit it as loose as possible.

I think the numbers are better , but I need your guys opinion.

Oct 2nd: I felt like i woke up better compared to previous days. AHI was less than 1 too.

Oct 4th: I slept without setting an alarm, since i felt i had some sleep debt and want to get more time on the machine. Slept for 8 hours. But woke up bit groggy. Does this means I overslept?

Oct 5th: I just couldn't sleep on time. I went to bed on time but didn't feel sleepy. I only used CPAP for four hours. AHI was zero. I never got zero AHI, so curious what does this mean?

In this there are some spikes in flow rate (and correspondingly in flow limit). I have included the zoomed photo. There are some incidents where flow rate gets flat and some irregularities. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Overall I feel I am on the right track, but need to get consistently good amount of sleep using it. Any tips on how to feel tired/sleepy by bedtime ? And how to find how much time of sleep is good for me personally.

Thanks a lot. Grateful for this forum.

Zoomed photo.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Help with ASV OSCAR data? Persisting Daytime Fatigue Despite 0 AHI LennySleeps 3 305 09-04-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps
  Persistent CA events and fatigue with low-ish AHI ATT9791 11 759 08-28-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross 27 y.o. male, new to CPAP, AHI<2, extreme fatigue fitandfatigued97 6 432 07-09-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: fitandfatigued97
  No Improvement in Fatigue karnote54 13 693 06-03-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: karnote54
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 35 2,353 05-28-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: PerplexedTom
  Daytime events huge spike liz0859 4 388 04-24-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: liz0859
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 564 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.