Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 Week in - Treatment regimen central apnea?
1 Week in - Treatment regimen central apnea?
Hello! I've now been using my CPAP for 1 week and I'm looking for ways I can improve my treatment.

So far I've been having a daily AHI between 5-10, close to 100 % CA. I'm not used to the CPAP yet so I'm awake a lot, and because of that I think my AHI could actually be higher.

From when I go to bed and before I fall asleep, I can feel myself slipping into a state where I stop breathing. I say that I'm not asleep because I can think and act/move as I want to. Also, throughout the night I will feel many apneas, it will put me into a half wake/half sleep-state where I can feel how I stop breathing but I can't do anything about it. Similar to sleep paralysis. Note, I want to say that this experience is not exclusive to CPAP usage, this is also how it is to sleep for me without the CPAP.

I have attached OSCAR data if someone wants to take a look at it. I'm wondering what I could be experiencing, perhaps it's treatment regiment central apnea.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 1 Week Usage - Help Needed GalaxyRoll 4 117 2 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 153 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 20 1,679 11 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Zoll Remede System for Central/Cheyne Stokes Fixit50 2 132 09-26-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  TreatmenT emergent central apnea Stracky 9 298 09-25-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 32 4,968 09-25-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 881 67,525 09-25-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.