Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen
Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen
What a horrid design. Sitting here unable to sleep cause this screen won't turn off automatically.

There has GOT TO BE A WAY TO MANUALLY turn this off, please
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen
@tierdal,

my Airsense 11 automatically blanks the display after about a minute or two of not touching it. Cant find any settings concerning turning it off or on. I do keep a 2 ich wide hair band near by so I can drape over so it doesn't disturb my partner when I wake up middle of the night and check status. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The screen should turn off after a minute or so, as long as you don't keep touching it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2023, 05:24 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The screen should turn off after a minute or so, as long as you don't keep touching it.

But I want it off now, not in minutes Sad

How could such a simple feature not be there
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine cuts off within seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, if mine cuts off around a minute, OpalRose after a minute or so and Squirelma's does in seconds then there must be a setting somewhere to adjust it, or that controls it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the timeout is longer is you touched the screen vs you used the autostart feature. I don't find the screen luminosity to be a problem, I find it pretty dark if I compare with my rental AS10 unit. The black background used on the AS11 instead of the white on the AS10 is very helpful on that matter!
Post Reply Post Reply
Leave it to a Pixel Ninja to figure it out. I use auto start too and sure enough, when I start it that way it fades out pretty quick, but when I touch it for menu access it stays on more like a minute. A little cloth to drape over it works wonders for an analog solution to a digital problem. So @tierdal, either enable auto start or keep a handkerchief handy to toss over it when you don't want it glaring at you. Beats throwing it out the window. The As 11 is actually a pretty decent machine, stuff is just going to keep getting more intuitive/unintuitive (you choose the descriptor for the sentence). All we can do is throw analog stuff at the digital stuff we don't like. Figuratively, that is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone

It's still infuriating I have to keep something to throw over this display rather than just having the ability to change the time out or turn it off manually. Whoever designed this is a real dunce :/
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you happen to have it in the clinical mode instead of the user mode?    Mine does not go off automatically in clinical mode, but within 5 seconds in user mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 36 11 hours ago
Last Post: Bmck8381
  Please recommend a facial mask that doesn't touch the bridge of the nose. Asjb 6 312 10-08-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: carrawa
  How to turn Ramp OFF on Philips Dreamstation2 Mariesie 4 257 09-13-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Mariesie
Thumbsdown Annoying air venting (not mask leak) from F20 air touch Little Olive 6 569 07-03-2024, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Cheynes Stokes - is that what this screen shot shows? liz0859 12 605 06-22-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: liz0859
  Resmed Air Touch F 40 early experiences sleepingbetterinFl 14 766 06-17-2024, 11:52 AM
Last Post: brokensleep57
Wink [Diagnosis] EVER HEARD OF SCREEN APNEA? srlevine1 1 289 06-12-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.