Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered?
RE: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered?
Thank you both for reassuring me! Perhaps the round plate is either an updated model, or an Australian-version. I'm confident now that this is a legitimate ResMed product and will use it. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered?
sweetbobby,
I have merged your threads as they are on the same subject.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is real and I received one from Apria in my last resupply.

See this thread for the measurements and comparison of size - the round has a larger contact area than the square one did.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-10?page=3
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my new replacement water chamber REF #37299, and guess what? It's got a round heat plate. I know in the past, the Resmed humidifier chambers tended to develop a leak where the metal plate was sealed to the plastic chamber. This design should minimize that risk. It saves on the amount of stainless steel, while increasing the heating surface. I bet Resmed has an engineer on its design staff.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a definitive response from Resmed!

"Hello Bob,

Thank you for contacting ResMed about your water chambers

All new waters chamber should have the round silver plate, the ones with square silver plate were removed from the market several years ago."

So case closed! Next time I'll be angry when I get a square-plated one!

Thank you all!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  p10 for Airmini - crazy expensive Dodies 5 199 09-26-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  Caked Residue In CPAP Water Reservoir, Is It Normal? Kamryn 3 249 08-30-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] Need help, crazy amount of flow limitations events on pressure increase testetst2212 6 434 08-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Purchasing a CPAP Machine from a Facebook Seller: Need Advice chacha897d 1 228 08-01-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Anyone here NOT using a water reservoir? Big Guy 38 1,544 07-30-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 2,190 04-11-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: kalensk
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 2,468 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.