Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help optimize
Help optimize
I am now using F40 mask for the past few weeks. Before that I used F20. I found F40 to be more comfortable in the night (especially when I put on my glasses) and want to continue using it. However, I find that I have more events on F40 than I had on F20. F20 generally recorded about an AHI of 0.2 to 0.5 at pressures 10.6-12.6 and 11-13. F40 generally records 0.5 to 1.2 (with one outlier at 2.1). Most events are CA events, though there is 1-3 H or OA every couple of days. Never exceeded more than 4 combined. "Total time in Apnea" measures at less than 1 minute plus mostly.

I assume it is better to get the numbers down, but I don't see what I should adjust: increasing pressure would increase CA count, while decreasing would increase OA/H as I understand it. Any help is apprecaited.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help optimize
There is nothing there I would recommend tweaking. Things look good. Not perfect, but good for sleep.

Numbers are just that, numbers. What matters is how well do you sleep. If you wake up refreshed with an AHI of 2, then that is fine. If you wake up cranky with an AHI of 0.0, then something needs tweaking.

For now, I would leave things as they are and see how you feel over more time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Peace ^
Your numbers look pretty good.  The small amount of CA's are not much at all and not to worry over. BUT.... if you want to try to minimize them for your own peace of mind, adjust the EPR setting to 2 or even 1.  

Watch for any negative effect, like more Hypopnea or flow limitation.  See what feels best for you and what the results are.
How you feel is better than chasing numbers.

I doubt you would see an increase in Obstructives, as the EPR of 2 or even 1 would give you a higher EPAP.
EPAP is what sprints the airway open and keeps the Obstructives at bay. Right now, your chart doesn't show any Obstructives.

I wouldn't adjust the actual pressure for now, just try the lower EPR of 2 or 1 for a couple days and see how it goes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @PeaceLoveAndPizza and @OpalRose. Will follow the current therapy then for another week or two then. Right now, I feel energetic through out the day most days, but feel tired while driving in the evening once in a while. If I see that I need to tweak, I will change the EPR per your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 158 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Is high pressure better - help to optimize grzkar 1 162 09-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] New Airsense 10 Autoset - Help Optimize Settings Led Head 2 175 09-05-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Led Head
  Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy? EnigmaOfSleep 4 285 08-14-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Camping with DS2 pair - optimize, recharge? OneSnorer 3 198 08-01-2024, 01:41 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment woives 10 538 07-15-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: woives
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 877 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.