Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] OSCAR Data help! Large number of CA
RE: OSCAR Data help! Large number of CA
You had a moderate amount of CA (11 count) on the sleep study, so my thought would be you have increased sensitivity to having CA. What this means to me is that you have to work more than the normal CPAP user to avoid CA. I do say avoid intentionally, because you can only actively treat CA with ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights data

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2024, 11:41 AM)macaronno336 Wrote: I do feel like I wake up a-lot throughout the night, usually because of leaks from my p10 mask due to tossing and turning.

This is what I see on your chart.  The spikes on the leak graph usually point to mask movement.  The flatter areas point to mouth breathing.   I can't say for sure if the mask movement from you tossing and turning is the issue or not.  You could be holding your breath while moving around, and/or the CA's could also be treatment emergent.  

Since you did show some central apnea on your study, it may also turn out that you'll need an ASV.

Work on your mask fit.  Sometimes it's just a wrong nasal pillow size.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi macaronno336, please raise your minimum pressure to 8.6cm and lower your maximum pressure to 11.6cm, this will allow your machine to wore more efficiently and make your breathing rate flatter with less arousals and microarousals (and help the CA events). If you feel that this is helping please turn off EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2024, 08:50 PM)OpalRose Wrote: This is what I see on your chart.  The spikes on the leak graph usually point to mask movement.  The flatter areas point to mouth breathing.   I can't say for sure if the mask movement from you tossing and turning is the issue or not.  You could be holding your breath while moving around, and/or the CA's could also be treatment emergent.  

Since you did show some central apnea on your study, it may also turn out that you'll need an ASV.

Work on your mask fit.  Sometimes it's just a wrong nasal pillow size.
 Okay, thank you for the feedback. Usually it feels like my mask moves because I keep my hose under the sheets with me and when I shift it gets pulled away. My other issue with the p10 mask is even after 13 nights the small and medium size pillows hurt my nose.

(08-08-2024, 08:55 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: Hi macaronno336, please raise your minimum pressure to 8.6cm and lower your maximum pressure to 11.6cm, this will allow your machine to wore more efficiently and make your breathing rate flatter with less arousals and microarousals (and help the CA events).   If you feel that this is helping please turn off EPR.

Thank you! I will make this adjustment. Will post my sleep report.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2024, 09:25 PM)macaronno336 Wrote:  Okay, thank you for the feedback. Usually it feels like my mask moves because I keep my hose under the sheets with me and when I shift it gets pulled away. My other issue with the p10 mask is even after 13 nights the small and medium size pillows hurt my nose.

Have you tried a large size?  Be sure the pillow is not inserted too far into the nostril.  This can cause irritation and sores.  
Insert just a tiny bit, actually better if the pillow sits more under the nostril and when the air is turned on, it will inflate and seal.  

The hose placement under the pillow could be the problem, especially if you move around a lot.  Consider a hose lift system, where the hose is routed upward from the Cpap and then down to you.  Google it, there are many options.  This keeps the hose up and out of your way and moves with you.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my data from last night. Almost all centrals. They still emerge around the leaks though. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Higher pressure will not treat central sleep apnea.
As Dave stated earlier, you may be a candidate for a ASV machine.
Have a discussion with your doctor.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Some of those are clustered CAs so they're positional, and at 3 percent they're not that significant, I'd really try to keep from chin tucking as best to your ability, and this chart has less CA events than the other one Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
With CA being less than 50% total, you'll probably have to follow upgrade progression to VAuto bilevel, then bilevel like ASV with backup rate.

Did you, or are you, using insurance or paying by yourself?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 172 9 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 33 1,265 Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 101 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 11 270 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar data help yoyoman2024 4 100 Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Last Post: yoyoman2024
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 6 204 09-11-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 261 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.