Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone help me to see if I need to adjust my pressure settings
RE: Can someone help me to see if I need to adjust my pressure settings
I would keep them for now. See how the pillow edit helps, then revisit. You should see some effect right away.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept with a collar like you guys suggested, and have uploaded the results.  The pressure stayed lower through the night, any other changes I should make to the machine?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure of 8.0-20 with EPR 3 works great with the positional correction of a collar. Inclined sleeping is a problem, and you have found an effective solution. I don't think your results will improve by changing the minimum pressure or EPR, and the maximum pressure only goes as high as needed for obstruction. This has made a big difference for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the advise on the collar, I had the best night last night when it comes to sleep. How does it know to increase pressure if there is no event?  Is it based off flow limit?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The Autoset is very sensitive to flow limitations, and it appears that there is a brief higher flow limitation at the time pressure increased. If you zoom into the respiration at the time of that event, you will see a reduction in peak flow or flattening of the respiratory wave. That is what triggered the pressure increase.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 6 327 5 hours ago
Last Post: Macka
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 115 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Can't fall asleep, should I adjust pressures, etc.? PJP71 10 438 09-08-2024, 07:37 PM
Last Post: PlayerTwo
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 464 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Finding PAST pressure settings damondamondamon 2 205 08-22-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 209 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 70 11,305 08-14-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: NoCaffAfter4

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.