Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DavidAM - Treatment
RE: DavidAM - Treatment
It's always a concern because we use CPAP in the hope that our sleep will improve. So far, it's hard to nail down the arousals and whether they arise from respiratory events, or spontaneously. We can mitigate respiratory events with PAP, but that's not the only cause of sleep arousals that cause the fatigue and symptoms your are looking to relieve. We need to identify the pathology of arousal, and that means identifying them in the charts and seeing whether or not there are respiratory precursors.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Sleeprider. What other possible causes are there for arousals? And how can we go about identifying them in the charts?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last's night data. The obstructive apneas of the first half of the night and their corresponding pressure profile puzzle me; does this seem like positional apnea? I'm thinking of getting a soft cervical collar or a chin strap. 

Last night I put my APAP behind my bed, rather than to its side, so I could always be at the same distance from the machine and thus minimize leaks. It seems like it worked, there were less leaks and FLs are looking good.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
i see a periodic pattern of approximately 20 minutes between events. I can't identify the source from the chart. Maybe zoom in to where we can see how the events evolve and resolve. A night vision camera might reveal whether a periodic movement is occurring or if you are somehow moving into an obstructive position. Typical positional apnea has a greater frequency or clustering of events, rather than evenly spaced ones.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if you saw my previous response, but: what other possible causes are there for arousals that you know of? Does my sleep profile look like UARS? I made a thread where I explained my situation and uploaded screenshots of a sleep study's report.

I zoomed in. This is what I saw:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see UARS. Flow limits are generally non-existent with current settings, and OA events are not preceeded by flow limits, so there is no increase in pressure. They seem to come out of nowhere without any respiratory antecedent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. What about my sleep studies, do they indicate UARS? And, if they do, does having a low FL mean that I'm successfully treating it?
Post Reply Post Reply
To be honest, I don't know and without a link I'm not looking for it. FYI, I'm not going to be around a few days after Thursday due to a surgery, so don't feel ignored if you don't hear from me for a few days.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
A link? A link to what? 

Oh, don't worry. I hope your surgery goes well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Last night I upped my pressure in order to diminish flow-limited breathing, and I woke up to these results. Should I diminish the min. pressure, or wait until the central apneas resolve on their own? 
***  Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed  ***
Images can not be inserted directly into a post or hosted from a personal computer.
Please upload apnea related images (only) to the Apnea Board server or use an image hosting service for all others.  
Please read this link for further information:  "How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 102 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 2,899 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc
  central apneas after treatment none before jquintero 17 439 09-02-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 10 420 08-31-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 866 64,891 08-29-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 180 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  Help with treatment and upstanding data- High occurrences of Clear Airway events amunozar 8 479 08-22-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.