Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DavidAM - Treatment
RE: DavidAM - Treatment
This also looks somewhat like CSR, I think.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I was with the guy from the PAP distributor today, and he didn't want me to have an ASV, but a Lumis 150 ST. So I ended up renting it for a month. Now, this thing's settings seem very complicated. My APAP settings were EPR 3, and a pressure range of 7-11.4; I saw my pulmonologist the other day and she insisted that I don't go over 7 with the minimum pressure, when I told her that I had it set at 10.

Could anyone help me set it up?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Lumis ST is a fixed pressure bilevel machine with a back up rate. From your post your EPAP is 7.0, IPAP 11.0 which is a pressure support of 4.0. The other settings we need to know are mode and backup rate. The ST does S-mode, ST mode and CPAP. Let's hear how yours is setup. Also, you can request the clinical manual for a Resmed Aircurve 10 ST and it is basically the same machine. https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Sleeprider. It's good to see you, thank you for your answer. My machine has modes CPAP, S, ST, T, PAC and iVAPS. I currently have it set to ST. 

Last night I set Cycle to Very Low because the exhale was too steep and I felt like I was having all the air rapidly pulled out of my lungs (and I still kinda do); and Trigger to Medium, because when it was higher I felt like I couldn't get enough air. Breathing with this machine feels pretty weird.

Even though it has iVAPS and all the other modes, the machine still says just "VPAP ST" on the front, and not "ST-A", I don't really know why. 

My backup rate is on, and the "Target Pt Rate" is set to 12.
Post Reply Post Reply
In posting future Oscar graphs, we would rather see the full night and the pressure, respiratory, settings data on the left, along with any wave form you want to ask about. This is covered in the Organizing your OSCAR Chart wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Cycle sensitivity does not change the rate of transition from IPAP to EPAP, just the threshold at which the transition occurs. Cycle does not have a setting like the rise-time for IPAP. I don't think you're going to feel a lot of relief by lowering cycle sensitivity. This feeling is somewhat typical for ST which produces a square-wave pressure transition (on/off) you can visualize in your mask pressure chart. We now know your backup rate but not your pressures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressures are 7.0 EPAP and 11.0 IPAP. What mode should I use? Should I continue being on ST?
Post Reply Post Reply
My best suggestion for iVAPS is to stick with ST mode if you can. 

Whether ST or iVAPS, I would suggest the following settings for you:
  • iBR = On
  • TPR = 12 (because that about matches your median RR on the charts of yours that I looked at)
  • Ti Max = 2.5 s (based on TPR = 12
  • Ti Min = 1.0 s (because it must be longer than Rise Time)
  • Rise Time = 900 ms (for comfort and because you have not indicated that you have an obstructive lung disease)
  • Trigger = High or even Very High (to counter CAs / increase Spont. Trigger percentage in the sleep report on your machine)
  • Cycle = Med (because you adjusted this instead of Ti Max, I think)
If you wanted to use iVAPS to maintain a constant minute vent and could not do that adequately in ST mode:
  1. First you need to decide what minute vent (or tidal volume) to target
  2. Confirm and set the EPAP setting that you want / need.
  3. I suggest you then increase IPAP in ST mode until you approximately achieve that target minute vent / tidal volume before you switch to iVAPS
  4. Set Target Va with reference to the target minute vent or tidal volume that you have chosen, after setting your height and TPR.
  5. Set PS min to IPAP - EPAP - 4 and PS Max to PS min + 8.  Treat these as initial values though.
In some people, iVAPS has a nasty habit of banging IPAP from the max to the min and back in very short periods of time.  It can be brutal, especially with a PS range as high as 8.  If that happens, swicth back to ST and post that on this thread.  You can set iVAPS (unconventionally) to simply assure a minimum pressure, and I can help you try that.  Please be patient though as I am not here often and only check the email address to which notifications are sent about once a week.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 102 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 2,899 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc
  central apneas after treatment none before jquintero 17 439 09-02-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 10 420 08-31-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 866 64,891 08-29-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 180 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  Help with treatment and upstanding data- High occurrences of Clear Airway events amunozar 8 479 08-22-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.