Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DavidAM - Treatment
RE: DavidAM - Treatment
Hi. Last night I upped my pressure in order to diminish flow-limited breathing, and I woke up to these results. Should I diminish the min. pressure, or wait until the central apneas resolve on their own?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Yesterday I met with my PAP provider (not my doctor) to talk about other therapy options, as APAP is not having much of an impact on my symptoms; I feel only a little better. I can't up my pressure as I'd start getting bad aerophagia.

I asked my provider if he thought I could try BiPAP to help reduce my FLs even further, but he said he doesn't want a BiPAP for me; only an ST or an ASV. He also said he doesn't really think I'm flow-limited.

Looking at this data, could it be said that he's right? Would those options be good for me?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have enough centrals in recent charts that ASV might be a good option for you. With ASV, you will get good therapy for the obstructive side of your needs, and the adaptive pressure support will resolve flow limits and CA events as they arise. Chances are you will have better therapy with lower overall pressure. I had not realized the extent of your therapy onset centrals and hypopnea. If you can get ASV of any kind, that would be ideal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you,Sleeprider! I'll do what I can to get my hands on that ASV. 

Last night I had something new, Cheyne Stokes Respiration. I don't what that is. Is this a reason for concern? Also, I set the mode to "For Her" and got a new mask with the hose on the front as opposed to my last mask which had the hose on the back of the head, because my provider said it would help, but I think Ill set it back to Autoset because it may be negatively influencing my results. Ive had a headache the whole day today, could have something to do with all those centrals.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is this Cheyne-Stokes?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this Cheyne-Stokes?
It's best to see the CSR flag by Resmed as actually being periodic breathing. We would need to see a closer zoom of the events to see if this was characteristic CSR or some other pattern, but in the absence of heart failure, we don't see much CSR. The ASV devices can resolve this pattern as well as CA events and hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Here's a closer zoom into both of the "CS" periods.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is another close look into the first period.

Post Reply Post Reply
David - I merged your other thread because it is about your therapy. Please keep all posts that relate to your therapy in this thread.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I saw that! Sorry, will keep all treatment-related posts here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 102 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 2,899 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc
  central apneas after treatment none before jquintero 17 439 09-02-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 10 420 08-31-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 866 64,891 08-29-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 180 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  Help with treatment and upstanding data- High occurrences of Clear Airway events amunozar 8 479 08-22-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.