Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Looking to Improve my AHI Score
Looking to Improve my AHI Score
Hi,

New to the forum, new to CPAP therapy. Started on CPAP in March of 2024. My AHI ranges from 0.20 - 1.40.

I am getting half decent sleep but keep waking up. I started at 5 - 20 cmH20 APA, but have changed it to 6-18 cmH20 and seen some improvement. Looking for some feedback on how to improve this even more.

I appreciate any help and suggestions provided.

Thank you!

Sebastian

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking to Improve my AHI Score
Welcome

your ahi is almost perfect, it will never consistently hit 0. just setting expectations. you almost have no leaks so good job on that.

i think you could further restrict your apap range to something like 7-14 and maybe turn ramp off. might improve comfort a bit.

could also try cpap mode it might reduce your ahi a little. i would try 10cm but you have more data. Your 95% pressure it closer to 9cm on that particular day so depending on other days maybe 9cm is enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I will lower my max a bit as recommended. Is there a reason you are suggesting 7 instead of 6 as a minimum (just trying to learn)? Also, I do feel like I still wake up a lot, even with the machine. I am not sure why I do, but I wake up around 4 times a night.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to try to improve comfort by avoiding wild pressure swings. Your median pressure is above 7 so you already spend more than half the night above 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
It can take a while for the body to settle in to xPAP. I noticed especially that I don’t wake up as often, but this took a couple of months.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I have posted two days with my new settings, 7 - 14 cmH20 APAP. I have noticed I have been having more events. Any ideas? Should I adjust the pressures a bit more?

Thanks for all the help!

Seb

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I am still waking up from Apnea events. Any recommendations? I was thinking of trying CPAP instead of APAP.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Seb483782, I would turn EPR down to 1, that should help with the CAs, then if you want after a night or two we can try it off. Smile Also, I see that ramp is set to on for 20 minutes, do you require ramp?
Post Reply Post Reply
The report you posted looks pretty great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] What is the myAir sleep duration score based on? jefferyscott0 4 258 10-06-2024, 05:26 AM
Last Post: R750R
  [CPAP] How to improve by CPAP numbers Willsta007 3 259 09-15-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Willsta007
  Can someone help with AHI score for MyAir? It changes throughout the night awake. Joeyk74 1 255 09-12-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 4 307 09-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  Improve stabilize results jquintero 3 283 08-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jquintero
  Help Improve stabilize results jquintero 2 219 08-25-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI, Low Usage, Low Pressure - How to Improve? mangoblueberry 3 232 08-24-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.