Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Pressure Issue
RE: Air Pressure Issue
I found the eliminator but it's the latest model they made, not the one with the ridge to rest your chin on.
God bless you  Way-to-happy
Post Reply Post Reply
Incredible, after using a cervical collar I'm back at 4-20 Epap no issues. Back to my regular settings ?
Turns out I was a side sleeper so it seems or I should say it actually is the case that my chin doesn't get ticked all the way back causing my mask to leak. But because I developed sores on my hips I had to start sleeping face up and my chin drops all the way back plus mouth opening. Now the collar holds my chin in place hostage nowhere to go ? and leaks are if any minimal doesn't affect me at all. Tried Lena fine, Quattro FX fine but didn't like it much, My favorite F30i is not as good to sleep on my back was perfect for my side. Going to try the mirage Quattro tonight and see. After will either try the F40 or the Evora to see if they leak and to pick 1 and just put all the rest in the closet. Ahhh will get the Air touch n20 through insurance next month and see if I can use nasal now that my mouth stays shut ?
Post Reply Post Reply
A setting of 4-20 EPAP? On ASV? That sounds like the min is too low and the max too high for ASV EPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol ain't you right. What the heck was I doing..I went even higher than what my study prescription was. But I was sleeping ok I believe based on the o.2x events I was having. But you are right. My setup per study should be Epap 9-15 ps 3-16
Will change that tonight and give it a shot see if it feels exactly as before ? dummy me. But the collar did make a difference with that huge air blowing it wasn't leaking like before. One thing I noticed the bigger the mask the more forced air goes on. I tried the mirage quattro last night Large I couldn't stay with it too much pressure. Changed to the medium Lens and was fine. Guess that's what's happening with the Large Airtouch F20 too. I'll try the medium tonight and see if it's better. Now that my mouth is closed I ordered the Airtouch N20 the new one to see if I can do it ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large SpO2 drop when starting sleep....issue or not? THEVGE 2 91 10-23-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Question CPAP + O2 Concentrator Issue? mogulman 15 639 10-17-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  02ring (Wellue) issue Blubarb 5 220 10-05-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Blubarb
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 436 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 218 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 2,010 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Mask Seal issue HarveyCPAP 2 272 09-11-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: HarveyCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.