Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Early waking, unrefreshed sleep, UARS?
Early waking, unrefreshed sleep, UARS?
Hi all,

I've been browsing the helpful posts here for a while and have learned a great deal from all of you about how to interpret my data with Oscar. I have been diagnosed with OSA with an AHI of around 12. I've had a few sleep studies done and this was a pretty consistent result. My symptoms are waking up tired and waking up early, consistently at around 5am, even if I go to bed quite late.

I was prescribed APAP therapy and have been using a Airsense 11 AutoSet for about 2 months. The care provider set the range at 4-11 and has not been helping to titrate any further. They will only look at the data a month from now.

In the mean time I have been experimenting with different settings. I did initially experience an improvement in symptoms and I can attribute this to there being far fewer obstructive events. However, I still wake up early and feel unrefreshed. 

Looking closer at my data I think there are still quite a few flow limitations. Some small ones are picked up by the machine, but I reckon there are quite a few more that lead to awakenings. However, I'd like to get a sanity check on that; maybe the breathing pattern is entirely normal.

I have attached some screenshots from last night, which was a pretty typical night as far as the last few weeks go.

There's a screenshot of the overview, and then several zoomed in screenshots showing what I think are arousals due to flow restrictions. These tend to go together with a gradual rise in pulse rate. I would be grateful if someone could interpret these and tell me whether they're indicative of a problem or whether it's innocuous.

Please note that the data includes oximeter values. I've tried to line up the data temporally, but I'm not sure it's completely correct. There was definitely a larger shift that needed to be corrected.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Early waking, unrefreshed sleep, UARS?
Ah, I've hit the attachment limit.

I've posted all of the screenshots here:

ibb.co/ScM4Ptx - overview
ibb.co/N2JMBvQ - arousal 1
ibb.co/zFvKSGw - arousal 2
ibb.co/Qp8xJVF - arousal 3
ibb.co/7W3gwBR - arousal 4
ibb.co/HG7jXSs - waking up

I should also mention the leaks are not typical. I had that under control, but adjusted my mask slightly with leaks as a result. I also tape my mouth and have no mout leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 14 301 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Embeeous
  Waking up around midnight, 2AM and 3AM midnighttwoam 14 676 09-17-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 315 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Question [Symptoms] Waking up every 3-4 hours with APAP gabitzu 6 224 09-15-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Waking times - what are your thoughts? Blubarb 2 154 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Potential UARS BiPAP Advice gce799 6 595 09-09-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: gce799
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,700 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.