Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Aircurve 11 Bi-pap AHI Numbers
Aircurve 11 Bi-pap AHI Numbers
First time post. I’m new to the apnea game. Started therapy in January on a Resmed Airsense 11 CPAP. My CA numbers were high so my sleep doctor put me on a Resmed Aircurve VAUTO in June. The problem I’m having is the AHI number from the new machine. The first four days of use, the number look correct- showing CA, OA, and hypopnea. Now the AHI number only shows unclassified apnea and Hypopnea.

Is my machine working correctly? My Airsense machine never did this.

I think its important for me to know the CA events.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 11 Bi-pap AHI Numbers
You’ll need to post some Oscar charts for input on this question. Check the menu and pinned items for instruction. They need to be exact layout.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, we need to see an Oscar chart please.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=66814][attachment=66815][attachment=66816]
Here are some charts. Hopefully I did this correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this again.

Post Reply Post Reply
You do not have the mode set. It should be set to VAUTO.

I can’t tell what type of apnea you had. Central or Obstruction, if it is central then you need to set the trigger to very high.

If it is obstruction type it is probably positional apnea. You would be sleeping in a position that cuts off your own airway. No settings can help positional apne you have to find a way to stay out of that position. It is caused by your chin dropping down to your sternum cutting off your airway.

Tonight move the trigger up to very high and see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air! DFWdude 14 263 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto taxprof1122 1 94 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Aircurve 10 vs 11 Shamus54 7 189 07-26-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Anyone bored and want to review my numbers/offer advise? Daveman 6 217 07-23-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 893 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep
  Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO MrIvanDrago 8 427 07-21-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 21 769 07-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.