Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask
F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask
Hi, guys,

does anyone have any experience with this new mask from Fisher & Paykel? It's new and could have been out for about 3 months now according to the YouTube videos. I see in the comments below the video that some people are already using it. I've now started using the F&P Brevida so I'm wondering how this mask compares to it. So far I haven't found any mention of it here on the forum.

F&P Nova Micro vs ResMed P10 | Which Mask is REALLY Better?

New F&P Nova Micro - The ResMed Killer! ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask
Hi, I have one of these on the way so will post my thoughts when it arrives.

The mask isn’t out in the US yet, only Australia, NZ and Canada, hense the lack of reviews at this point.

I think it looks really good, I’m just worried about the venting. The lack of diffuser on any of their new masks seems like a massive step backwards for F&P. I really liked the fit of the Evora nasal mask, but couldn’t use it because the vented air would hit my pillow, face and parter when sleeping on my side. I have heard the venting is better on the Nova Micro, but I doubt it
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, post your experience. I'm sure others are also curious how this mask works compared to other masks. One thing I noticed in the YT review, it's supposedly easy to exhale into. Easier than into a Brevida for example. I wonder if there is any noticeable difference in this. Uncle Nico took a chart of the flow rates of the 3 masks for comparison and maybe the Nova Micro has the disadvantage of having a lower airflow than the P10 or Solo, so compared to them maybe you need to increase the pressure slightly to get the same flow rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
The nova micro is my #1 mask. It's not available in the US so I bought it from a place in Canada. It replaced a P10, and I also tried the brevida briefly.

I like the P10, but I find the air holes in the P10 pillows are too small. I have to use the large pillows for the larger holes even though the medium fits me better. This means the edges of the large P10 pillows hit my upper lip area. I am a back and side sleeper, and I get restriction when I sleep on my side.

The nova is about as small as a mask can get. I have the headgear quite loose, and I get zero leaks all night according to Oscar. When I sleep on my side, I don't get the breathing through a straw feeling like I get with the P10. I find the pillows to be very comfortable, sometimes forgetting that I'm even breathing through a mask.

One drawback is that there is a lot of air coming from the exhaust vents. I don't feel it on my face and it doesn't make any noise, but if you're sensitive to that you'll probably hate it. It doesn't bother me at all, and the mask is very quiet.

They should be selling these in the US. I'd bet it would become a best seller. I know I'll be stocking up on nova's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the nice review of this mask. Looks like I should give this Nova Micro mask a try. So far I'm happy with the Brevida, just now and then when I lean it against a pillow it starts to leak a little. This shouldn't be a problem with the Nova Micro as I understand it. The only thing I need to test on myself is the air leakage through the vents.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Powering Transcend Micro via battery - as simple as a barrel to USB-C trigger cable? emveelee 0 69 10-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: emveelee
  [CPAP] Dreamweaver Pillows and rebreathing SloppySteve 8 234 10-21-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SloppySteve
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 7 2,168 10-14-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: chipschap
  Nasal Pillows - Momentary Mouth Leakage Strategies? mark.apnea 2 290 10-11-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 15 1,547 10-08-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Nasal pillows v nasal mask FLcracker 11 727 10-08-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  Pillows mask, drooling tostaky 9 448 09-26-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.