Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing
OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing
Hi everyone, I've recently been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. 

First, I want to thank the entire OSCAR team for providing this software. I hope to use it to its fullest extent to improve my health. 

I am a Wellue O2Ring user. I cannot see my AHI score in my OSCAR Overview and Daily pages. Am I doing something wrong or did I hit a wrong setting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing
I don't think the O2 ring collects that data. That is, it doesn't report AHI. That is something the CPAP machine will record on the SD card. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be downloading the data from your SD card first to your OSCAR profile.

Then, import your O2 ring data second.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You only have O2 data imported so you will not get an AHI or other metrics. You need an SD card in your machine while you are using it, Then in the morning remove the card from your machine and import the data into OSCAR. Then import your Oxi data.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone, thanks for the replies and guidance! I don't have a CPAP machine so there's that. My doctor said that it wasn't necessary given my level of sleep apnea.

Additonal Backstory: My doctor gave me the SleepImage ring for the study, and SleepImage reports provided a AHI scores. Non-practitioners are not able to purchase the SleepImage ring, so I got the Wellue O2 Ring, which looked just like the SleepImage ring. I assumed they were the same hardware devices. This why I was wondering why I can't get the AHI score from the Wellue O2 Ring alone, without the CPAP. Unless I am totally missing something?
Post Reply Post Reply
The wellue O2 ring does not report AHI, just to clarify. I understand now that you have explained.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2023, 10:11 PM)phoenixsaga Wrote: ..... I don't have a CPAP machine so there's that. My doctor said that it wasn't necessary given my level of sleep apnea.

I also didn't realize you weren't using a Cpap, but either way, the O2 Ring doesn't report
AHI readings.

I've never heard of the Sleep Image Ring. Did you receive a readout from your doctor?
It would be interesting to see what it reports compared to the O2 Ring.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those following this thread, a kind soul provided additional information on the differences between the Wellue O2 Ring + data and the SleepImage ring + data. 
  • Both the Wellue O2 Ring and Sleep Image rings are indeed the same pulse ox hardware, as anyone can see.
  • As stated earlier, the Wellue O2 ring does NOT provide an AHI score through its ViHealth app. The Sleep Image ring data does indeed provide an AHI score.
  • The SleepImage ring uses its own FDA-approved software to employ a technique called cardiopulmonary coupling (CPC), taking both pulse and respiratory data to calculate AHI along with other sleep metrics / vitals. 
  • As mentioned earlier, non-practitioners like me cannot just buy and use the Sleep Image hardware and software.  
In order to obtain an AHI score from the Wellue Ring's data, without a CPAP machine, I'd have to my make own (CPC) calculations (somehow) to arrive at a score. Maybe there's something in python on GitHub avaiable I can try to jerry rig. 

Thanks everyone for the responses!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Wellue SleepU.  It records a nightly ODI - Oxygen Desaturation Index (both for 3% drops and 4% drops).  From independent research I have done, ODI correlated pretty high with AHI (around 90% or so is what I found in the literature).  That can vary though.  

A rough estimate of AHI would be to look at ODI per hour.  That should be close to your AHI per hour.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to add this, too, to the post I made above.  AHI is almost always higher than ODI because AHI will pick up hypopneas that only drop SPO2 by 2% or 1% (and don't count on the 3% or 4% ODI scale).  It might even miss an OA or CA that causes a 2% or 1% ODI drop also.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone help with AHI score for MyAir? It changes throughout the night awake. Joeyk74 1 123 09-12-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 179 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
Question Question about IPAP settings on OSCAR Dreamless 6 287 08-31-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  [Equipment] How accurate is the Wellue O2 Ring? desaturator 13 10,521 08-22-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: cps22
  LOOKEE-Ring-01 Usage so Far jcpose 4 190 08-17-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: jcpose
  [CPAP] LeeMan's Therapy and Questions - Device usage showing gaps LeeMan88 18 691 08-08-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: LeeMan88
  [Equipment] Wellue SleepU question richapple 1 169 08-05-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.