Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask
Resmed F30i Mask
Hi everyone...
First of all I would like to know how long does the Resmed F30i mask lasts.
I am lucky if I get 8mths from one.
(I don't know if thats normal).
First of all the silicone goes floppy very quickly & 2...
The silicone splits. I've had one split around the nasal part & the other split on the bottom part.
I'm not impressed at all.
I'm now thinking of changing to the F & P Dreamwear...
Opinions would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F30i Mask
If youre looking for a mask similar to the F30i, go with the new Resmed F40. I have it and its pretty good. Unless you're specifically looking for a mask with a hose on top, then yes the F&P dreamwear sounds great.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are getting 8 months from a mask,,,,   that is pretty good,, doing well,, not bad,, why did you not replace it earlier?

F & P makes an excellent line of mask. I currently use the F&P Evora.  The Evora is a very good mask, all of the many mask I have used over the years have been "very good mask". The only reason they turned "BAD" was because I lost weight, A lot of weight! Or because of medical reasons outside of the control of the mask, I was using at that time.

Over time it not unusual for a *PAP user to change mask with positive benefits. As we become acclimated to *PAP therapy it is common to need a change in mask size, type or brand. Every mask is designed to fit a size and shape of facial structure, your needs will vary over time.

Do not be afraid to change mask in pursuit of better therapy. Everything you can do external to the *PAP machine therapy settings to improve the results of your sleep, is less demand we place on the therapy pressure, timing and tuning our *PAP machine can provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lasting over 6 months is actually good. 

ResMed US recommends replacing it every month (because insurance companies have to make $$, of course), ResMed Australia recommends replacing it every 6 months. 

I have used the Philips DreamWear FFM and it is a pretty good mask, though I personally had problems with it causing sore spots on my upper lip, just below where the top corners of the harder plastic frame sit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2024, 11:33 AM)cps22 Wrote: Lasting over 6 months is actually good. 

ResMed US recommends replacing it every month (because insurance companies have to make $$, of course), ResMed Australia recommends replacing it every 6 months. 

Actually it's DMEs that make $$$ when you replace mask inserts more often, not insurance companies, if they pay for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2024, 08:03 PM)stevew168 Wrote: Actually it's DMEs that make $$$ when you replace mask inserts more often, not insurance companies, if they pay for it.

Actually if the insurance company is paying for it is because it's because they make money off your policy too, not for the fun of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2024, 08:12 PM)Narcil Wrote: Actually if the insurance company is paying for it is because it's because they make money off your policy too, not for the fun of it.

What I was trying to get across is that insurance companies make more money if you replace your mask or inserts less often. You don't pay more for the insurance regardless of how often you are allowed to replace them. Any copay will go to the DME as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I misspoke. The DMEs can encourage you to replace the supplies more often because the insurance in the US will pay for it on a more frequent basis. So yes, the DMEs and ResMed are the ones making the money.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, you are not going to wring any pity out of my heart for those insurance CEOs, CFOs, COOs and others making mega-bucks off us peons.

My rant is through for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
As reported in the product review subsection of the forum, I'm on my first mask frame, my second face-piece and my second hose (not part of the mask in this case) at 3 years. The first face-piece split at the bottom in the thin section about 18-19 months from first use. Second one is nearly that long and hasn't split yet. It does need washed for a good seal, (it gets face oils on it - clean your face before bed, too) but handle it carefully when washing due to the thin sections being fragile, is the only longevity advice I can offer there.

The headgear is worn out (cheap velcro install with fuzzy fabric rather than actual loop velcro) but holding when taped. Due to overpricing and scum DME I'll build my own or repair it right with actual loop velcro rather than buy a vastly overpriced, under-engineered bit of neoprene that says "Resmed" on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 307 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Sharing my observations on refreshing old f30i masks erouting 10 435 08-28-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: erouting
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 6,959 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 11 646 08-07-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 14 22,781 08-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  ResMed F40 AirFit mask Big Guy 36 1,596 07-14-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Brick Nasal Irritation Using Resmed P30i Mask rishey 2 406 06-24-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: rishey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.