Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FFM leaks
FFM leaks
F&P simplus

I’ve been on cpap now for 5 months.  I’ve had an occasional leak issue but nothing major.  The last 3 weeks I am having constant mask leaks/squeals.  I’ve replace the cushion and same thing happens.   I’ve done a total refitting and same thing happens.  I’ve tightened and loosened trying to resolve.  I make sure all equipment is clean and still same issue.  It primarily happens while sleeping on my side but it isn’t restricted to that.  It’s happened on my back as well.  I’ve also taped my mouth to limit jaw drop still having issues. Any help is appreciated. 

I’ve also bought a nasal pillow mask and tried different size cushions but I can’t seem to be able to breathe as freely with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM leaks
Maddening to be woken up with mask farts and squealies. Sorry you’re going through that.

The easiest way to assess is to post your Oscar charts exactly according to the menu instrux. The data and visuals really help in giving clues about mask leaks, because leaks interact with pressure in the moment.

In the meantime, you could try washing the mask contact areas on your face with a mild soap (I use baby shampoo) or a wipe with no oils in it (like a cpap mask wipe). It’s possible you’re just accumulating more oils on your skin, eating more BBQ (heck, it’s summer), or some groovy buttery corn on the cob. The goal would be to minimize oils on your face.
Post Reply Post Reply
having issues
I had everything dialed in going great and then out of nowhere I started having mask leaks to the point they are squealing. 
It has messed my sleep up pretty bad.  I've bought a new cushion getting the same results.  I've tried wearing the mask higher, lower, tighter, looser.  Making sure the mask is clean and so is my face.  I've also tried a cloth liner.  Last night was a better night but still had some squealing early on.  Im posting a few nights from last week and some from this week  Any help is appreciated.

F&P Simplus FFM
Resmed Airsense 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: having issues
Bump2 

never used this mask so hopefully someone has an idea but if u search around you'll see lots of people complaining about this specific mask whistling. you sure the connector is not damaged? is it on inhale or exhale?
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s the seal around my face.  I can reposition it and it’ll stop but then as I’m sleeping it’ll do it again.  Never had the issue for months before.
Post Reply Post Reply
The strap hasn't stretched or otherwise become loose has it?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you washing the mask and your face every night before bed? If you use dish soap it will make the silicone tacky and less likely to leak. Ultimately, if you're unable to solve the leaking you may consider switching masks to something that fits your face better. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s possible but I can still tighten it more.  I’ve tried tighter and looser.

Yes I’m washing both mask and face.  I’m just bewildered because I’ve used this mask for 5 months without any issues and all of the sudden it’s just a pain in the butt.  I bought a nasal pillow but I feel like I can’t get enough air with it.  Also the pressure exhaling is tough even with egr on 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you switch to a pillows mask you need to set your info to pillows. Otherwise, it probably won't feel right.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I’m washing both mask and face.  I’m just bewildered because I’ve used this mask for 5 months without any issues and all of the sudden it’s just a pain in the butt.  I bought a nasal pillow but I feel like I can’t get enough air with it.  Also the pressure exhaling is tough even with egr on 3.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 8 131 21 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 6 3,726 09-14-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 392 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 261 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 2,062 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430
  Increasing AHI despite fewer leaks Aife 22 919 09-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] Are these leaks expected? caquino 9 530 08-31-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: caquino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.