Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher and Paykel Solo
RE: Fisher and Paykel Solo
Mt DME was telling me about this mask yesterday and was saying they expect them in soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
My new DME seems like they'll have them for me next week when I get new VAuto. I am not certain which mask I'll choose yet though. Evora Full might be available too.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2024, 01:32 PM)rjltawhead Wrote: Fisher & Paykel Solo mask UPDATE:  I heard from very reliable sources that the Solo mask with pillows version will be available in July here in the US.  YAY!

I tried the Solo nasal mask.  Very light and comfortable, easy to put on, but just could not hold a seal.  I'm a side sleeper and just could not find a.good position.  Also, I'm a flip flopper; even if I could find a good position, I'd flip over to the other side a moment later.

The P10 nasal pillow worked ok, comfortable enough, but made my nostrils raw at first. Had a rash of small leaks, too many CA events and high AHI.

Went back to the Evora and things returned to normal.

I'll be looking out for the f&p pillow mask whenever it arrives.  Can't find it anywhere in US.  Maybe I need to make a friend in AUS or NZ.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2024, 08:29 PM)mark.apnea Wrote: I tried the Solo nasal mask.  Very light and comfortable, easy to put on, but just could not hold a seal.  I'm a side sleeper and just could not find a.good position.  Also, I'm a flip flopper; even if I could find a good position, I'd flip over to the other side a moment later.

The P10 nasal pillow worked ok, comfortable enough, but made my nostrils raw at first. Had a rash of small leaks, too many CA events and high AHI.

Went back to the Evora and things returned to normal.

I'll be looking out for the f&p pillow mask whenever it arrives.  Can't find it anywhere in US.  Maybe I need to make a friend in AUS or NZ.

They ship worldwide. The Solo will not work for you if you are a side sleeper like me, it won't hold a seal. [DME Link Removed] Look at hope2sleep in the UK

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for mentioning that breathing through the nose leads to increased nitric oxide. That seemed surprising to me and I wondered how it could work. Apparently the lining of the nose includes cells that produce nitric oxide.

One more reason to breathe through the nose.  I am just getting started with CPAP but have been wearing paper tape on my mouth at night for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been attempting to go back to my p10 with mouth tape, but the squealing as weird noises it makes with any little bit of moisture (not to mention tendency toward rainout) has left me exhausted from being constantly woken up from it. I try fleece covers on the short tube (I don’t get rainout with any other mask I have), but it makes no difference. If I turn down the humidity to where this doesn’t happen, my nasal passages and sinuses are all swollen when I wake up.

What I really want to know is… is the Solo better with humidity and moisture without these annoying problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the solo nasal mask and am strictly a side sleeper.  I have no issues with leaks at all . Everyone is different.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Solo nasal pillow mask at one of the common US seller websites.

I already have the headgear from my Solo cushion mask,.so, just $23 to try it out.

The package arrived yesterday. When I get home from travel mid week, I'll be able to give it a try. I'm hoping to LOVE this one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Fisher and Paykel MikeMac 4 341 09-01-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Phaase
  Fisher & Paykel Simplus - Have you experienced teeth or jaw issues? jh1111 3 202 07-31-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  fisher paykel simplus mask on resmed machine Heaviside 5 405 06-23-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  f&p solo airsense 11 settings silverdr 2 442 05-28-2024, 07:47 AM
Last Post: silverdr
  My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask braindead 26 6,703 05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: SergioB57
  F&P Solo exhillation port silverdr 0 323 04-22-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 20,350 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.