Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with diagnosing flow rate
Help with diagnosing flow rate
Hi everyone - I could really use some help with diagnosing my flow rate charts from Oscar from my Resmed 10.  Over the last year I've found it harder and harder to use my Cpap machine and have been changing the pressures etc, but inevitably end up taking it off during the night.  My tiredness is getting noticeable worse with yawning all during the day.  Can anybody see any problems here.  Oscar is telling me there are no problems and when I contact my sleep consultant he just says all the results are good and it's not a sleep problem.  These charts are typical of what I see with very low flow limits.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with diagnosing flow rate
Your choice of data to show us is unfortunately not optimum, as there is little to see in the charts (though your Flow Rate waveform is much cleaner than mine!).

I'm sure the experts will not be able to comment fully unless you initially provide the charts for the whole sleep session in the recommended format, as described here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ganization

One thing to note meanwhile is that an EPR of 3 cannot work properly unless your minimum pressure is 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

why is it getting harder and harder to use the cpap? is it hard to inhale cuz not enough air? hard to exhale? just general anxiety? does the mask hurt?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I can't work out.  I find it easy to breathe when I put it on and anxiety isn't any different than before -  After a few hours I take it off mainly in my sleep.  I never used to.   The pressures is only 5cm on Apap and doesn't normally go above 9 - I've tried a lot of different pressures to see if this is the problem, but it makes no difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post an entire night, and be sure the events graph lines up timewise with the other graphs.

5cm minimum pressure may be a bit too low. Do you feel like you are starved for air when you remove your mask, or are you unaware of removing your mask?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 128 Yesterday, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Leak rate question weepingwillow 29 911 09-05-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 223 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 186 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Question about flow limitations Uzupan 5 283 09-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] How do I fix flow limitations? dnserror 5 282 09-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Question about flow limitations and settings Miles3zd3 9 459 09-01-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Tommy C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.