Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How should I start
How should I start
I was strugling with CPAP, I was having feeling of waking me up all night, causing anxiety. I got very little apnea events, mostly hypopneas. At pressure 13 a I got 0-1 AHI but many RERAs.
I bought Aircurve VAUTO to deal with RERAs. I can finally sleep with machine all night without anxiety and the difference between IPAP and EPAP is making a big difference.
But I dont know hot to properly set it up. How big the PS should be. 
Should I use the VAUTO or S ?

Here are pictrues from last night. First part of night the setting is S type 11 EPAP with PS 5,which gave me total AHI 20. Second part is VAUTO with PS 4 , min EPAP 7 ,max IPAP 20, which was total AHI 10.
Also I am having this apnoe clusters that are on picture 3, which I had not on CPAP before. On CPAP it was RERA clusters.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How should I start
The second-half session looks okay, so stick with PS 4 over 16/7. I don't know why you had so many UA events in the first half. Once you get a full night in on these Vauto settings, let's revisit the settings and if there is any further optimization I'll give you something to try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From last night, settings as suggested.

Post Reply Post Reply
This appears to be an improvement from where we started. I don't see much that must be done, but you have some options that might increase comfort and eliminate the few residual centrals. If you want to change trigger sensitivity from Medium to High, we can take a look if that is useful or comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response Sleeprider. Unfortunately VAUTO that I have does not have Trigger option available. 
Here data from last night.
I am waking up very often during the night and have debilitating daytime fatigue. 
The AHI is in low numbers so I wonder what else could be the reason? Could it be RERAs? 
I am new to xPAP therapy(I used CPAP 3week in total during 3months) and now few days on BiLevel.
Will it get better over time, is there adaptation factor?

Post Reply Post Reply
The European versions of Vauto do not have the trigger options. I just neglected to look where you were posting from. I don't think it is all that important for you anyway. Mostly what I see in your results are periodic obstructions that appear positional. You can see where the flow rate narrows and pressure quickly climbs. This is most likely caused by occasional chin-tucking where your head and neck position create greater airway resistance. It can be caused by a tall or double pillow, sleeping on your back, or even on your side in a fetal position. I don't know how to advise on the arousals. It appears they happen more frequently in the morning.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Are there external factors that may be disturbing your sleep?

Noise, light, partner in bed, dog/cat on the bed, too hot/cold in the room etc.?

I found an eye mask helped me as I'm sensitive to light, also noise sometimes disturbs me (yet other times I could sleep through a bomb going off  Unsure ).
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2023, 10:56 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: Are there external factors that may be disturbing your sleep?

Noise, light, partner in bed, dog/cat on the bed, too hot/cold in the room etc.?

I found an eye mask helped me as I'm sensitive to light, also noise sometimes disturbs me (yet other times I could sleep through a bomb going off  Unsure ).

External factor are good. Sleeping alone, quiet, no extra light. I hope it will get better with time as I adapt to using the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2023, 08:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The European versions of Vauto do not have the trigger options. I just neglected to look where you were posting from. I don't think it is all that important for you anyway.  Mostly what I see in your results are periodic obstructions that appear positional. You can see where the flow rate narrows and pressure quickly climbs.  This is most likely caused by occasional chin-tucking where your head and neck position create greater airway resistance.  It can be caused by a tall or double pillow, sleeping on your back, or even on your side in a fetal position.  I don't know how to advise on the arousals.  It appears they happen more frequently in the morning.

I understand. More frequent arousals in the morning are probably due to switchng from side sleeping to sleeping on the back in the morning(switching because of joint pain)

I tried soft cervical collar(basic medical type) this night to prevent chin tucking and subjective feeling was that sleep quality was better, less interrupted longer blocks of sleep . Then I woked up at 5 am and could not fall asleep.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 start leaking from bottom kerm007 0 86 10-14-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: kerm007
  Post Cervical Surgery start up DEJONES1954 1 166 10-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Smart Start ResMed AirCurve 10 ST Homerec130 3 1,143 08-12-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: r0nwilliams
  Sorry to start new thread but need nap Morgannon 152 9,664 07-26-2024, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Off to a good start ATXSleepdeprived 1 276 05-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed S11 Auto-Start inconsistent Cam12 5 823 04-29-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 5,510 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.