Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to keep two Resmed Airsense 10s running when power turned off?
How to keep two Resmed Airsense 10s running when power turned off?
Red flag days in Southern California, and the power company was threatening to turn the power off due to high winds.
I see recommendations for Jackery 240V2 and a ResMed 12V adapter for one CPAP. Is there a way to use the Jackery to run two at once?

Thanks much.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to keep two Resmed Airsense 10s running when power turned off?
I'm sure they have one capable of running 2 CPAPs. The run time also depends on if you're using humidification and/or a heated host, will play a big role in the needed size. How long are the outages? Resmed does publish a load/run time estimation chart. The Jackery style units can not be connected 24/7. This means you will need to manually switch over to it as the need arises.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once they turn it off, they say it takes at least 8 hours to turn the power back on. This time it wasn't necessary, but it got me thinking.
I use humidification and a heated hose, my wife uses humidification.
Can a CPAP be plugged into the regular wall plug jack, as well as the adapter plug?
Post Reply Post Reply
What you describe would require you to use a deep-cycle 12 volt battery, a battery tender type of charger, and a DC-DC 12/24 volt power supply.   This setup costs about $200 per CPAP.  You can leave them connected to the battery 24/7.  I have been using this setup for over 4 years.  I never know when the power goes out while asleep.  
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So one battery for each CPAP then? Am I understanding the Resmed BATTERY GUIDE correctly that a 50 AH battery would be sufficient for an AirSense 10 AutoSet with ClimateLine Air tubing, humidifier (@ Auto) for a full night?

When I Google that, a lot of the pictures show a LiFePO4 battery. Is that what we're talking about, or lead?
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=71021 Wrote:TwoSleepy pid='533756' dateline='1729374676']Red flag days in Southern California, and the power company was threatening to turn the power off due to high winds.
I see recommendations for Jackery 240V2 and a ResMed 12V adapter for one CPAP. Is there a way to use the Jackery to run two at once?

Thanks much.

We can support two ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet units, simultaneously, with one Jackery 240V, overnight.

Amazon - NOCO GC020 12 Volt Plug 2-Way Splitter, Red and Black, currently shown @ $24.12.
If memory serves correctly, we operated, in tandem, for 7 hours, humidifier off, and consumed 36% of the pack.

Personally, I'd recommend jumping up and getting a higher capacity pack. 

Jackery Explorer 1000v2 is currently $459.00 on Amazon. Just plug into it via 110V outlets, no add-ons needed.
The logic is simple ... after saving on the 12V adapters and splitter, it's not a terrible overall expense to endure.
And you'll have ONE device with a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty. Very portable, easy to use and setup.
Plus you'd have the ability to rip with humidifiers on blast and go more than a single night, even in tandem setup.

Best of all, you'll still have three USB ports (two C, one A) for charging your cellular phones for communications.
Let me know if you have any questions. We live in Tampa Bay and have a slight issue with the weather here.

P.S. If you go this route, please be sure it's the Jackery 1000V2 (latest model) it's LifePO4, charges in 1 hour.
To alleviate concerns, there's a 30-day "No Questions Asked" money back guarantee, just don't toss anything.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Tampa Jim, thanks for calling that Amazon deal to my attention. I'm giving the 1000 v2 a try. Best wishes on recovering from your recent weather excitement!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 98 47,771 10-20-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: e727147
  Resmed airsense 11 water tank super7pilot 7 249 10-20-2024, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Discombobulated
  Humidifer questions.. Resmed 10 Airsense beetee 14 336 10-19-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 96 35,145 10-18-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: frolic
  [Equipment] Higher AHI Readings on AirSense 11 than AirSense 10 Bmck8381 0 106 10-17-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Bmck8381
  Swiss airline vs CPAP and seat power NelsonM 0 122 10-09-2024, 06:43 AM
Last Post: NelsonM
  SD card for Resmed airsense 11 buggy285 16 575 09-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: DraftZebra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.