Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Insurance
Question 
Insurance
Hi, I’m having trouble with understanding when I can try a new mask.  I want to try ResMed newest F40 full face mask.  I just obtained an upgrade to AirSense 11 CPAP, my sleep doctor said I could try up to 3 different masks with my new machine.  My CPAP provider said, you have to use the masks that I have for my old RESMED S9 machine because they fit the AirSense 11 CPAP.  I can’t get a new masks for 85 days.  I thought most CPAP suppliers will allow you to try different masks for 30 days at no charge.  My provider is Carelinc in western Michigan and they are saying no on trying a new mask.  Currently using the. RESMED F20 full face mask, with new cushions provided every 30 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insurance
I think your DME is lying.  If your doctor says you can try 3 masks with your insurance, then I bet you can.  Tell them to see if your insurance will do what your doctor says it will, or you can call your insurance company yourself and ask.  You do not have to stay with the same DME. You can choose any you want, including those who you can deal with by email.  I live in Colorado but I use Aeroflow out of Georgia because I did not like my local DME. The ball is in your court. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insurance
I just recently acquired an AirFit F40 complete mask. My DME supplier (ROTECH) is local and they allowed me to swap out a still sealed in factory packaging, an AirFit F30. 

When I went to pick up the F40, they told me to let them know if it wasn't good for me, and they would swap back the F30 I gave them. 

Gotta say, I wasn't all that impressed with the F40. My F30 actually performs better for me. But, I'm going to keep the F40 as a back-up mask. I have the AirFit F20, F30, and now the F40 to choose from. 

DME suppliers can be quirky, if ya know what I mean.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery covered by insurance? Zombie on my Lawn 1 126 09-26-2024, 06:14 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 171 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  [Diagnosis] Is any fully at-home sleep study covered by insurance? sleepwaker 1 337 07-07-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 265 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 779 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 6,302 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 669 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.