Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just looking for some advice
Just looking for some advice
I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea. My AHI is 57. My doctor said my pressure needs to be at 18. I got my machine and I really struggle with it. When I did my sleep study, they gave me an F20 mask, which I didn’t like so when I went and got my machine, they gave me the F30i. I like the fact that it doesn’t cover the bridge of my nose but I really have a hard time sleeping with it. I can get a good deal sitting up but as soon as I put my head on the pillow combined with the high pressure, it like lifts up. I also sleep on my side and that seems to push up on the mask and break the seal also. Now I know you have to find the correct combination and that takes some trial and error but these masks are not cheap and my insurance company only replaces them once a year. 

If it’s going to make me feel better, I want it to work. I want to find the right combination of things so I can just sleep at night. But it’s constantly waking me up and I struggle to even get the 4 hrs with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just looking for some advice
Sadly, it's going to take some trial & error. That's inevitable. I have three masks, the ResMed AirFit F20, F30 and F40. 

I started out with the AirFit F20 and did okay with it. I changed to the AirFit F30 and liked it even better. Of the three masks, the F30 suits me the best. I'm still getting used to the F40.

My DME supplier contacts me about every three months to resupply me with all that I need. I'm a side sleeper and a mouth breather. Some have trouble adjusting to CPAP therapy. I'm not one of them, and for that, I'm thankful.
Post Reply Post Reply
We really need to see your OSCAR charts.  The program is downloaded from the top of the site and completely free.  you will need a SD card to move in data to the computer and then to us.  It not real hard but if you run into trouble - ask.  From what you wrote you may be in cpap mode and would be better in autoset.  Try min 8 max 15 and EPR set to full time EPR 3.

We will make suggestion after we see your oscar data.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming the system doesn't explode (I haven't been on site for quite a while).

Have you tried using nasal pillows?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Looking for some advice NeilFromTheRiver 4 156 10-25-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: NeilFromTheRiver
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 342 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 236 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 305 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Looking for advice for my settings Vyce 3 284 09-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Seriously Need Mask Advice: Please Help LuminousOne 7 433 08-13-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,704 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.