Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak rate question
RE: Leak rate question
I increased my min pressure to 14 and kept EPR at 2. It's been reasonably comfortable and tolerable. I've had a bit of aerophagia, but a tolerable amount that I hope will decrease with time. I've been adding additional layers to my mouth tape and that does seem to make a difference.

I'm feeling discouraged though because even with these changes, I'm not feeling refreshed. Since my pressure keeps going up and up, my husband suggested I just need to get hooked up to a leaf blower at night.  Dielaughing 

I have an appointment with my sleep doc later this week. It's hard to say if he'll be helpful or dismissive... He had prescribed a max of 10 based on my sleep study so who knows what he'll think of my adjustments.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing well, but for some reason, you set your EPR=2. I believe it is better to keep it at EPR=3 to reduce OAs. Your CAs are negligible.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did that because at EPR 3 in the past, I've had a larger number of centrals. But I'll switch back to 3 and see how that goes! Thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 293 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leak Rate Questions in OCAR MrPsyduck 5 269 09-10-2024, 05:25 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 316 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 207 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 210 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Measuring HRV (Heart Rate Variability) YouTakeMyBreathAway 3 689 08-28-2024, 09:47 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Lots of flow limitations but good leak rate (restarting CPAP after 2 years off) sleepy331 10 543 08-14-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.