Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Luna G3 B25A BiPAP settings help
Luna G3 B25A BiPAP settings help
Another dumb question.  For the below Rx (image,) what should the settings be for a Luna G3 B25A?

The Mode will be Auto S (bipap mode) of course.  The options are "initial EPAP", "max EPAP", "min IPAP" , "max IPAP." There is no PS setting on this device. There is also a Smart B setting, which is on. 
I believe it should be init EPAP=4, max EPAP=10, not sure about min max IPAP
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Luna G3 B25A BiPAP settings help
That looks to me like a requirement for a pressure support of 4 and an epap range of 6 to 21 (ipap 10 to 25)

I think the smart b is what causes the confusion.... have the same machine but I don't have a max epap setting with smart b off (and with it in these values can't directly be changed).....the smart b is not always helpful so id suggest leaving it off until you get things dialled in

To achieve this on my machine I would use
Epap min 6 ipap min 10 and ipap max 25

Initial epap is only for use of ramp so can be ignored unless you need to use it in which case 4 is probably the best option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Luna G3 B25A BiPAP settings help
Awesome, thanks, that actually helped quite a bit. 

I never was able to find a clinician manual for the settings, only a "user manual" for end users that does not cover anything beyond the comfort settings. 

Chat GPT is worthless trying to explain what "Smart B" even is for the Luna G3 B25a.  All this time I though that that setting had to be toggled to auto-level the pressures during sleep.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Luna G3 Data Request Crimson Nape 3 137 10-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 250 10-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Looking for a Luna G3 data file EasyWind 0 130 09-24-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: EasyWind
  React Luna G3 - Error 85 SMWinnie 0 135 09-15-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: SMWinnie
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 413 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 305 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Bipap Settings Help DreadPirateRawburts 16 885 09-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.